RNS510

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Do you know anyone with vcds to scan the car to see what gateway you have before buying one ?

Arnie

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic
Will need to ask around But doubt anyone I know would have one. Hopefully can get it sorted as I've already bought the unit so I'm committed now haha

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Lol
If you stuck and ever limavady/Dungiven direction I'll scan it for you your gateway may still be ok (if your lucky haha )

Arnie

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic
That would be great mate I may end up taking you up on that offer. Will call some folks tomorrow and see If anyone has it for the mean time but will keep you posted.

Arnie

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic
So the RNS510 arrived last night. I have also got a AN version gateway thats pre-coded.

Does anyone know someone who can fit this stuff?
Would much rather pay for it to be fitted right than spend a day myself and end up breaking something lol!

Arnie

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic
From reading online I think the gateway is located under the drivers side footwell cover in my 05 gti.... but the internet has lied to me before @pablo lol!

Think having someone who has experience with head units would be the better choice for fitting it than me, havnt even seen the back of a radio before let alone start fiddling with the cables!

pablo

RMS Moderator
The gateway can be in two locations on the Golf. One is above the accelerator pedal and the other is above the clutch pedal (if fitted). The clutch pedal location was used for the first year or so of production.

Arnie

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic
Live near Comber @Lyons , Sounds easy looking online... but the pessimist inside of me says get someone who knows what their doing lol!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
My gateway was in behind the fuse box. But they can be up above the clutch pedal too.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The gateway can be in two locations on the Golf. One is above the accelerator pedal and the other is above the clutch pedal (if fitted). The clutch pedal location was used for the first year or so of production.

And behind the fuse box.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
It's expensive enough for a "H" ,if you shop around you pick up a Q or an R for little more money

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
Ive just got an 08 passat. Should any RNS510 work with my car then? Is it just plug and play?

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Check what gateways in it,if E or above you will be fine mines 08 with the "E" and alls good

Arnie

RMS Regular
Drives
Civic
Just for anyone looking to know, I got mine installed by Greenaway Electrics in Belfast.

Was a great job!

Still need to figure out what all is needed to get bluetooth added to the unit, but think I will just enjoy it for a while first!

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 95

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
from what reading ive done i think you just need one module for bluetooth.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
im relly thinking of going down the aftermarket route as thats silly money.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Just for anyone looking to know, I got mine installed by Greenaway Electrics in Belfast.

Was a great job!

Still need to figure out what all is needed to get bluetooth added to the unit, but think I will just enjoy it for a while first!

You'll need a module and loom. I got a 7P6 module for £50 on ebay, then a wiring loom for £60 odd from a guy on the GTi forum that allows both MDI and Bluetooth to be connected.

Incidentally, if anyone is looking a MDI dock I have a spare for sale :grinning:.

Darren91

RMS Regular
Fiscon's aren't great to be honest :worried:

Look into what Ian is suggesting, OEM is always best and nicest.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.