Seat Ibiza Bocanegra

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Must have gotten traded in again then because the guy who bought it traded in an Astra for it into Agnew Autoexchange lol

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
Just to touch on this too because I don't believe this is true, the GBox in the 1.4tsi is a dry clutch system as apposed to the wet clutch systems in the rest of the VAG DSG boxes, which is the main reason it doesn't have launch control, it would chew the clutches to pieces, I haven't heard of a remap adding launch control, though it will override the kick down and stop the GBox changing gears on you in manual mode :grinning:

No it was you, I work for where you bought the car from :p You came out of prince regent road onto the carriageway

As far as I am aware, it's the DQ200 gearbox? Which can be remapped by Custom Code...could be wrong though!

https://www.custom-code.co.uk/dsg-software/

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Interesting...I honestly havent heard of launch control for 1.4tsi. I have heard of dsg maps in development, but not including LC. Didnt think it was possible because of the dry gear box.

rosssei

RMS Regular
@acsmyth nice to see you on here Adam! Saw the car when I was visiting my dads across the road - looks great!

Health to drive!

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Still have a lot more love for the Seat brand than VW. I still fancy a MK1 LCR at some stage.

Nice motor!

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
Nah I was just putting the feelers out, I had a few days where I was craving Artoirs scooby...but that's passed now!

I'll be keeping this one for a few years.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
Smallish update - Slowly but surely gathering second hand parts from the people that are selling their Cupras/Bocs.

This arrived today, full 2.5" custom turbo back exhaust with sports cat for £300. Nothing short of a billy bargain. Whiteline ARB also arrived today.

exhaust.jpg

Still to come :

- AP Coilovers
- Intercooler
- ITG Intake
- TSR Forged Pistons/Rods
- Stage 2 Remap

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Ha ha, no problem. Was £30 original. Just a bit of engine bay finishing detail.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I'm sure there are a few detailers who punched their screens when they saw the pics of yer car.......... Sponge before snaps - that's the rule!!

Nice car though, health to drive.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Tell ya what, Intercooler, ITG intake, TSR pistons / rods and Revo Stage 2 map will cost you! Forge Intercooler is about £600. ITG is about £300. Stage 2 Revo map is about £600 and dear knows how much the TSR gear will cost. If you get all that done, you will be doing well and will have a proper rapid car.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
Tell ya what, Intercooler, ITG intake, TSR pistons / rods and Revo Stage 2 map will cost you! Forge Intercooler is about £600. ITG is about £300. Stage 2 Revo map is about £600 and dear knows how much the TSR gear will cost. If you get all that done, you will be doing well and will have a proper rapid car.

At this point, I'm picking up everything second hand.

There are a lot of people within the community selling their cars currently, so I'm picking up parts for very cheap.

The only thing I plan on getting new is the remap (obviously) and the pistons/rods from TSR which are £950.

All being well, once the car is completed it should be very quick yes.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Yeah, I think a lot of people are shifting their cars as warranty starts to expire. Well, if you get the bits it will be quick little car. You might yet come looking for the oil cap lol.

acsmyth

RMS Regular
OP
acsmyth
Drives
Supra
Yeah, I think a lot of people are shifting their cars as warranty starts to expire. Well, if you get the bits it will be quick little car. You might yet come looking for the oil cap lol.

I think I saw someone driving yours the other day. Must be sold already.

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
Yeah, it is sold already. Although i doubt it was my old car you seen...it was still sitting in Toyota at Portadown last night when i was over. Although i noticed it was gone today.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.