seems 5k doesnt get you much these days

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Oddly I was toying with changing mine about 2 weeks ago and looking to see if there was anything interesting around the £6-7k mark and I found absolutely nothing. There seems to be a lack of decent stuff around that price for sale here at the moment.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
It's in NI and not in the big tax bracket. And it's in you £9k budget.

image.jpg

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201506134301703?atmobcid=soc3

ferrett

RMS Regular
OP
ferrett
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
i have 9 in total @Gavlar but thought id try something around 5 but may have to up my budget

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
There's a damage repaired 3 MPS on used cars for £4895, 08 with 90K... No idea why but I'm now intrigued by these things. Some sleeper to be made from them. Bound to make good power from some breathing and a map, surely 300+ hp?.

ferrett

RMS Regular
OP
ferrett
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
The problem is like a lot of us on here to be fair your trying buy something to drive for bit clean up and sell on which limits cars available. As you don't wanna pay top money for something you really want as you wont keep it and would loose money in the long term!

its like when u take notion for something you really want but unsure you will like it kinda thing then when you do all the looking you get that excitement in the chase to get it and finally get it and own it for a while the novelty wears off and you need to do it all over again lol

ferrett

RMS Regular
OP
ferrett
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
There's a damage repaired 3 MPS on used cars for £4895, 08 with 90K... No idea why but I'm now intrigued by these things. Some sleeper to be made from them. Bound to make good power from some breathing and a map, surely 300+ hp?.

the mk2 cupra responds better to tuning with a smaller dent on your wallet

dddrrift

RMS Regular
what about a 2009 swift sport with 30,000 miles? pearl white, immaculate with all factory extras, 2 lady owners from new? any interest before it hits ucni?

ferrett

RMS Regular
OP
ferrett
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
what about a 2009 swift sport with 30,000 miles? pearl white, immaculate with all factory extras, 2 lady owners from new? any interest before it hits ucni?

like a numpty i went looking for it in ucni lol never read the before bit lol

acsmyth

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra
is it just me or does 5k not buy you much anymore in a car . or am i looking in the wrong place ive a budget of up to 9k but dont want to go much over 5k . im looking decent miled hot hatches and have been looking for ages . few years back 5k bought quite alot of car . probably owned too much but still like to get good value for money

If you'd offered me 5K for the MPS I'd have sold it you :p

ferrett

RMS Regular
OP
ferrett
Drives
rsvr cupra r 225
i didnt have it at the time lol . plus forgot about the tax issue

dddrrift

RMS Regular
lol, its my mums car but shes looking to change, very well looked after, if your interested give me a pm sure!

j44nty

RMS Regular
You'll struggle to find a box that hasn't been ticked.... and only because it's you :p. What about something older hot hatch wise, Williams Clio, 16V Clio, 205GTi... or try and find a nice clean CRX... way more exciting these days seeing these on the road than the usual stuff. Pistonheads has some smashing stuff.

Perfect choice there and a trip to england. Real hothatches for real men without tight jeans or an instagram account in sight.

56oval

RMS Regular
its like when u take notion for something you really want but unsure you will like it kinda thing then when you do all the looking you get that excitement in the chase to get it and finally get it and own it for a while the novelty wears off and you need to do it all over again lol

Like Anal?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.