Shed Fest May 2024

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Tempting, I just looked into it there. Overnight ferry with cabin there and back, 2 people and a car, £422. Then fuel and show tickets. It’s got expensive enough hasn’t it. I used to go over to a show every year or so about 10 years ago and it wasn’t that dear.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
These prices are from Stena, I think Nutts Travel should come in roughly £40 cheaper for each option.

Option 1;
Overnight Liverpool ferry there and back is £234 without a cabin. This would be the easiest and cheapest way to do it and since Mallory Park is only 2.5 hours from Birkenhead, it wouldn't mean any hotels or anything.

Option 2
Throw in a big road trip through the Pennines on the way home and head home via Scotland. Overnight Liverpool ferry (without cabin) and Stranraer return is £350 plus another £100 or so for the hotel on the Saturday night. Its double the price and we'll get home Sunday night instead of Sunday morning, but it would be more craic especially if the weathers good.

I'm easy either way.

I'm looking forward to it! I wonder if we'll see Mike Brewer there. :joy:

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Are you guys entering anything into it or just going as spectators?

I’d love to take the mini but it would struggle to keep up with the other cars lol

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Are you guys entering anything into it or just going as spectators?

I’d love to take the mini but it would struggle to keep up with the other cars lol

I've entered the 2002tii. @Coog entered the e39 M5 and @G24NTR entered the M4.

I can sit at 75mph easy enough in the 02 since I have the 5 speed fitted. Not sure how the Mini does on the motorway but I doubt we'll be in any rush.

G24NTR

RMS Regular
OP
G24NTR
Option 3 stay overnight on Saturday, road trip through Wales on Sunday, track day at Anglesey on Monday and Dublin ferry that evening 👀😂

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Option 3 stay overnight on Saturday, road trip through Wales on Sunday, track day at Anglesey on Monday and Dublin ferry that evening 👀😂

I think the 02 brakes would last 1 corner of Anglesey. :joy:

Welsh road trip would be a good option 3 though. Isn't the Evo Triangle driving roads in Wales?
I'll go do some more homework.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Ok here's option 3.
Overnight Liverpool ferry on the Friday.
Arrive at 6.30am.
2.5 hour drive to Shedfest
Leave Mallory Park (Shedfest) at 5pm on the Saturday.
Get to Caffeine & Machine for 6pm for some dinner.
Drive and stay overnight in Hereford which another 1.5 hours from C&M.
Spend Sunday making our way to Holyhead via some epic Welsh roads.
Get the 8.30pm Stena to Dublin. (£176)

That gets my vote!

Option 4 is the same as option 3, but we stay an extra night and then on the Monday we all get passenger rides from @G24NTR while he does the Anglesey track day. :joy:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I’m good with a caffeine and machine trip too. Thanks for booking!

Not sure about throwing the E39 round a track though 😂

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I’m good with a caffeine and machine trip too. Thanks for booking!

Not sure about throwing the E39 round a track though 😂

You can book tables at C&M via the website and you don't have to leave a deposit so I thought I might as well. I can always cancel it. It's booked for 8 people in case more people come or bring passengers.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
You can book tables at C&M via the website and you don't have to leave a deposit so I thought I might as well. I can always cancel it. It's booked for 8 people in case more people come or bring passengers.

Is that at the weekend? C&M are normally all ticketed events at the weekend, and are usually sold out so turning up without a reservation will normally mean you don’t get in.

Only a room booking (which needs pre paid) includes parking and access to the ticketed events.

Worth checking, wouldn’t want you turning up having travelled all that way and not get in.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Is that at the weekend? C&M are normally all ticketed events at the weekend, and are usually sold out so turning up without a reservation will normally mean you don’t get in.

Only a room booking (which needs pre paid) includes parking and access to the ticketed events.

Worth checking, wouldn’t want you turning up having travelled all that way and not get in.
Not for landing there at 6pm on the weekend if I recall correctly.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
It popped up something about ticketed events when I booked it, but only said about the monthly Wednesday JDM events. I’ll fire them a wee email to confirm.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Ok here's option 3.
Overnight Liverpool ferry on the Friday. (with cabin £234+ ?)
Show entry
Drive and stay overnight in Hereford which another 1.5 hours from C&M.
Spend Sunday making our way to Holyhead via some epic Welsh roads.
Get the 8.30pm Stena to Dublin. (£176)

Whats the cost then for all the above? Have you booked somewhere in Hereford?

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
It popped up something about ticketed events when I booked it, but only said about the monthly Wednesday JDM events. I’ll fire them a wee email to confirm.
Weekends are normally ticketed in the morning and into the afternoon but I'm near sure evening time isn't unless there's something big on, but def worth getting them to clarify

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Not for landing there at 6pm on the weekend if I recall correctly.

Friday through Sunday are normally ticketed events in the evening, turning up in the morning and afternoon are usually grand.

Been to events on a Sunday and Friday evening in July, and both required a pre booked ticket.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Whats the cost then for all the above? Have you booked somewhere in Hereford?

Total ferry price is £334.
Thats economy tickets with no cabin on the way over.
Cabin is £65 (£16 each if you get 4 in it)

I haven’t booked any hotel. Hereford just looked good because it’s in the right direction. Travelodge is £70.
Though we can also stay in Worcester instead, it’s only an hour away from C&M.

Basically anywhere with a car park that has a barrier. As you could probably steal my car with a screwdriver. 😂