Smacked in carpark

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
The OH came back to the car to find someone has driven into the side of it. She got pics and the reg of the other car but couldn't find owner and didn't want to hang around a carpark late at night on her own. She's back home now and I'm half cut otherwise I'd be heading back down to see whats going on.

Ringing police now, anything else we need to do? Want to make sure they pay for damage as it's probably going to need a new wing ffs.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
As long as the other party doesn't try to twist it and say she hit them and drove away...

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Any CCTV in the immediate area or covering the car park? At least you or the police could approach them and have evidence, if even just to prove that they left first if they argue she hit them

dddrrift

RMS Regular
if the other party wasnt there how do you know it was them that caused the damage out of interest? i understand there may be marks on both cars but whats to stop them denying it?

wes

RMS Regular
Drunk sounds very plausable this time of year mate, at least the mrs wasnt in car when it was hit and unhurt. As said above get onto carpark today see if there is cctv, did the police just take a statement and leave you or just make arrangements to come out?
Understandable she didnt hang about.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Did she take a photo of the car still touching your car?

Yeah she did plus pics of it well over the lines into her space and the angle it came from. Then pics of the other car after she moved her car with a couple of witnesses standing watching as she moved the car so that there was no more damage.

Its pretty clear that they've just threw it into the space and took the front end of her car off with the rear of theirs. Its a shame she couldn't find the person at the time but she had already spent nearly an hour trying to find out who did it, going into local businesses and wasn't keen hanging around any longer in a public carpark.

We're off to the police station today to show the pictures, hopefully it'll get sorted handy enough.

gsmith

RMS Regular
Hope you get sorted mate. I had a black rover 75 come at me head on last night on my side of the road at the back of the city hospital clearly clean of his rocker only I was on the ball and had the brakes on could have been a nasty one.

RoniN

RMS Regular
Go to the police and they should call with the owner, then get onto one of the accident management companies and let them chase them up.

Cheers

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
So the 5-0 are going to get in touch with them, in the meantime we contact insurance and let them chase the owner too. There was talk of 50/50 because we moved the car which is total BS particularly given all the steps we took but could happen if the other owner starts being a complete p***k, which no doubt is likely. Felt my water boil at that suggestion.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
So the 5-0 are going to get in touch with them, in the meantime we contact insurance and let them chase the owner too. There was talk of 50/50 because we moved the car which is total BS particularly given all the steps we took but could happen if the other owner starts being a complete p***k, which no doubt is likely. Felt my water boil at that suggestion.

Problem is...it isnt just the other cars owners maybe being a p***k...it's their insurance company. If they want to dispute it could open up a ballache.

And lets face it, insurance companies are ****S

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
So he's saying nothing happened (obviously, seeing as he left his car wedged up against ours) and that there's no marks on his car (maybe he's blind, which would explain the state of the parking in the first place). Our insurance isn't interested and his insurance company are waiting for the Police to check it out to back-up or nullify his story. 5-0 supposed to be going out to check the car for damage commensurate with the mark on the OH's car. When that happens God only knows. So far they've not been able to get the hold of him.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Not sure what happens in that case, the OH mentioned that this morning actually. The peelers have seen the pics of his car and the damage on it but I suppose need to go out and physically verify it and get him to admit to it. If he's sorted it out in the meantime then I'm not sure what happens.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.