Smacked in carpark

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Keep pushing, I had a guy drive over me when I was on a motorbike and he denied all knowledge of the incident even though he got out of the car and came over to me/gave police a statement lol

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Coog,

Sorry to hear about your car being hit whilst parked.

Nobody is hurt and you have photos to show the other vehicle impacted against your vehicle. If there's CCTV that would be helpful, if not the static pictures will still help as the angle of the impact can often help you to confirm who has struct who.

Also, don't worry about not having their Insurance details etc. as this can be traced from the Motor Insurers Database register.

Kind regards

Tony

P.S. If you need any advice or clarification of anything you're unsure of, please just PM or call.
P.P.S. I know we cover some of your vehicles, was this one that's with us as I can become directly involved to help if so.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Hi Tony thanks for replying and offering to help, I may be in touch. This one is the girlfriends car and isn't covered by Greenlight. She uses a local NI company. Her insurance company has contacted the other drivers company and in turn they contacted the other driver. He said there was nothing wrong and his car was fine. They're now waiting for the Police to find him to determine if there is actual damage to his car. Efforts to retrieve CCTV so far has been unsuccessful and from what I've heard the Police have been unable to contact him too (even though his insurance company got him).

I'm wondering if using one of these accident management type companies is worth it? I don't like the thought of extra expense in a process that should be relatively straight forward but if they can help get the car fixed then may be worth a shot.

Thankfully no-one was hurt which is the main thing. Just need to get people to take responsibility for their actions. Where is the decency these days?

Just the clarify this is how she came back to her car. This may be the best paint picture ever:

smack.png

Her car on left parked perfectly. His on right over the lines and smacked straight into her motor. Left there like this!!

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What a complete pack of dirty tramps. I CANNOT believe your insurance company doesn't want to know. What do we pay these people for?!! And now because this other party says theres no damage to his car, everybody just sits back and doesn't bother doing anything about it even though he crashed his car into hers and theres photos of it?!! Where the actual flute is the logic in that?

Absolutely boils my blood.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
How did he get out and walk away thinking that was ok??! Even if he had realised, panicked then drove off and parked elsewhere, but to leave them touching?! Sounds like a complete ass-hat.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Unbelievable, I found the police more than helpful when someone hit mine, though sadly they drove off and there were no witnesses and as I was parked so far away from entrance of the shop the CCTV didn't cover. The policeman basically told me in future to park in a mother and baby space as they are close to the door.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
How did he get out and walk away thinking that was ok??! Even if he had realised, panicked then drove off and parked elsewhere, but to leave them touching?! Sounds like a complete ass-hat.

I'd say he was blocked! It was outside a bar/hotel.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Eh?

She parked normally lol

There's nothing anyone could have done to prevent it other than never park in a car park.

Exactly other than doing all shopping online it's hard to avoid parking in a public car park at times. I usually park in the furthest space away thinking there is less risk, little did I know the CCTV footage wouldn't cover as far and I in fact shot myself in the foot doing so(n)

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Exactly other than doing all shopping online it's hard to avoid parking in a public car park at times. I usually park in the furthest space away thinking there is less risk, little did I know the CCTV footage wouldn't cover as far and I in fact shot myself in the foot doing so(n)

This is it. I actually think she went into an overflow car park with plenty of space round her and it still flipping happened.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
facepalm.gif

I was jesting. I'd be surprised if the other guy doesn't try and claim she was at fault. 8-(

Yeah we worry he's going to claim the damage was done by moving her car and turn the tables!

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
Awesome...your OH drives an iPhone :grinning: Looks like hes already smashed up the front of his car too :grinning: Hope you get sorted...a taxi reversed into the side of the OHs old Passat one day while she was in it and drove off leaving a dent about the size of a football in the rear door...denied everything...car was never fixed!

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Awesome...your OH drives an iPhone :grinning: Looks like hes already smashed up the front of his car too :grinning: Hope you get sorted...a taxi reversed into the side of the OHs old Passat one day while she was in it and drove off leaving a dent about the size of a football in the rear door...denied everything...car was never fixed!

haha yeah. Seriously? Did you drop it easily or chase them?

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
haha yeah. Seriously? Did you drop it easily or chase them?

No witnesses, photographs or CCTV so nothing to back it up so couldnt do a thing :worried: Company car on company insurance so wasnt out of pocket at least...just left with an annoying dent in the car for a number of years as it wasnt worth claiming.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I used an accident management company when someone hit me, they where great. Even though the 3rd party was a complete asshole to the very end and took everything to court we still won and I got eveything I was due.

Company is called accident exchange, doesn't hurt to call them as they will look at the circumstances and only take the case on if they conclude from the evidence you have that you are not the at fault party.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
It just sickens my happiness that these accident management companies don't do anything that the insurance companies should be doing themselves anyway!!

Thanks Coog, I was just beginning to feel Christmasy with the help of Buble, and you've just royally pissed me off again!

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
had a car hit a car of mine last winter n drive off outside dominos.... a wee girl ran in and gave me their reg. i rang police and they told me to snap pictures of where I was parked and they would go to his house.

Poilce arrrived at his door OLD OLD OLD guy who claimed he didn't know he hit anything.... lol my paint on most of his rear 1/4 panel etc.... he eventually accepted responsibility but messed about paying me cash for repair.

it took me dad to ring him and mentioned I was gonna claim through his insurance for repairs for him suddenly to be able to pay up.

some people are just chancers.... prob hoping you give up and leave it

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
It just sickens my happiness that these accident management companies don't do anything that the insurance companies should be doing themselves anyway!!

Thanks Coog, I was just beginning to feel Christmasy with the help of Buble, and you've just royally pissed me off again!
These companies only exist because the insurance companies don't do their job well at investigating and settling claims

colin84

RMS Regular
My Aunt got her A3 hit by a vet in a shogun travelling to fast for the road and conditions, she seen up the road that he was about to come round the blind bend so she came to a stop as far over as she could, he came flying round and skidded into her as he tried to squeeze past. It was literally just over the border, so the guards ended up coming out. The vet admitted all responsibility.

So Insurance company eventually got back to her, turns out they both had same insurance company. They said the vet has denied he was at fault, the guards didn't write a report, and there was no road markings. So we see it as 50/50, hard luck. So £700 bill for something that wasn't her fault.

Tony@Greenlight

RMS Trader
Drives
Mini Cooper S Wk
Hi Coog,

The angle of impact, particularly with photo evidence to support your version of events does look pretty damning.

Have you (or your girlfriend's Insurance co) presented the other side's Insurer with photographic evidence as yet?

Kind regards

Tony

P.S. I know your girlfriend is not covered with us, but you're a good customer with several policies with us. If you would like is to try to help more directly, I can check with our claims team to see if they would take it on as a favour.

Hi Tony thanks for replying and offering to help, I may be in touch. This one is the girlfriends car and isn't covered by Greenlight. She uses a local NI company. Her insurance company has contacted the other drivers company and in turn they contacted the other driver. He said there was nothing wrong and his car was fine. They're now waiting for the Police to find him to determine if there is actual damage to his car. Efforts to retrieve CCTV so far has been unsuccessful and from what I've heard the Police have been unable to contact him too (even though his insurance company got him).

I'm wondering if using one of these accident management type companies is worth it? I don't like the thought of extra expense in a process that should be relatively straight forward but if they can help get the car fixed then may be worth a shot.

Thankfully no-one was hurt which is the main thing. Just need to get people to take responsibility for their actions. Where is the decency these days?

Just the clarify this is how she came back to her car. This may be the best paint picture ever:

View attachment 72893
Her car on left parked perfectly. His on right over the lines and smacked straight into her motor. Left there like this!!

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
^^ Not many insurance companies would offer that ^^ Nice one Greenlight, Hope you can give me a good quote for my 260Z GTR when the times comes.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.