The "WTF is wrong with my E46 now?" thread.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Mayweather is breaking one Davey. Check the for sale section.

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
11025178_916671638366210_949562869275342986_n.jpg

10391419_916671665032874_4285470888513493672_n.jpg

To stop that happening again you need create another earth onto the bulb circuit board.
Apparently the original wiring wasnt up to the job, hence the reason you see so many e46 with fecked up rear lights.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
To stop that happening again you need create another earth onto the bulb circuit board.
Apparently the original wiring wasnt up to the job, hence the reason you see so many e46 with fecked up rear lights.

How do I do this? I want to do this myself although it would probably be easier to pay someone lol

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
Any better pics @davey-dimples ?
Cant really tell from that pic. Ideally you would want it removable for when the light has to come out.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Any better pics @davey-dimples ?
Cant really tell from that pic. Ideally you would want it removable for when the light has to come out.

Im told use bullet connectors? Solder wire to bulb holder, cut earth wire to harness and fit bullet connector then this plus into the wire soldered to the bulb holder creating a new connection? Bullet holders can be removed?

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Yeah that would work, it was just handier for me to use a wee tab on the bulb holder.

I obviously have a stupid one lol

Any tips for sorting air con pulley? Don't even know where it is below the bonnet :/

Antoin

RMS Regular
OP
Antoin
Drives
E60 535d
Touch wood I haven't had an issue with it so have no knowledge of it Davey.

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
Run of luck continues with two burst tyres on one pothole. The joys.

My mate did that while trying to pick up a bottle from the pass footwell last year - ran over an island

I had to do down to Whiteabbey to collect him lol

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Here's one for you...
Put new rear pads and adjusted the handbrake on my 325 last week to go through MOT...
This week the DSC, Brake & Run flat lights all come on after about 2 mins driving.
Ignition Off/On and the lights disappear, only to light up after another few minutes.

Forums seem to suggest everything from wheel speed sensors to ABS pump faults.

Anyone else had this problem?

And no, havn't had a chance to get fault code read yet...

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Dash lite up like a xmas tree?
Most likely the speed sensor, drivers rear. Not overly expensive on eBay.
Just to be positive tho I'd get it plugged in and scanned.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
You'll need the codes read to be sure. I bought one off eBay specifically for BMW and it can read the ABS system as well as other systems. Very handy and not that expensive (probably the same price as diagnostics at a mechanics).

ilovequo

RMS Regular
Thanks, I'm fairly confident its something minor like that, car was perfect before the pads.
My mechanics plugging it in on Friday...

Yes, that's 4 yellow lights, including the petrol light! lol

davey-dimples

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330D
When Im parked up with handbrake on occasionally when I release and go to drive of I get the "thump" and the car raises at the back at one end as if handbrake Is sticking on ... any ideas?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Sounds like the handbrake is sticking on :p

You'll know better if you get the disc/drum off for a duke.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Pad sticking to the disc every so slightly. Does it only do it when it's wettish?