TrackPirate FD RX7 build

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
At it again in the footwell
2A81B170-BA3E-428C-A912-BF5649390F88_zpsijvyspua.jpg

Guess what's next lol
9E1EA654-C3DA-42F5-BC1F-1B30375DBAF9_zpseqqndiif.jpg

C49E60D3-EC2B-4FF7-A6C0-CF1BF6C73B59_zpsitau9hja.jpg

Just need some expanding foam, Velcro and skate board grip tape

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
*****WHEELS FOR SALE******
So time for the wheels to go up for sale. Reason- I don't want split rims anymore and need to bump up to a size 18".

Work Anhellos 3 peice split rims
17"
FR 8.5j - R 9.0j ET??? TBC

5X114.3

Condition
Could do with a refurb, no kerb marks or deeps scratches just paint defects from me been heavy handed. One wheel leaky, because I knocked the seal on the inside so that will get sorted before they leave me.

tyres
Federal 595RSr semi slicks (road legal)
225/40/17 fronts
255/35/17 rears

Brand now only been used to move the car about.

Selling both together I'm not splitting them.

£800 plus postage unless collected

NO OFFERS

I will get more photos of each wheel next time I'm down the unit, and the stamps on the rear of the spokes.

Thanks

Benji

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Dunno how ive missed this thread, love the look. Coming together real well. Would love an rx7 at some stage myself

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
well new wheels are on :grinning: loverly job

IMG_6626-1_zps1dc8cd52.jpg

IMG_6628-2_zpsdebb4682.jpg

IMG_6632-3_zpscb97ce23.jpg

also done a bit of work in the foot well of the passenger side, was high on medication and kinda foooked it up a bit lol but ill leave that for another day lol
10348213_587716624707211_9005931931209811971_n_zpsc0cacac5.jpg

also made a start on the dash, etch primed then a few coats of matte black should do her well for now :grinning:

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
lol how? if i crash im not going anywhere, it will be fully caged and i will stuck in the bucket lol

Neil Kirkpatrick

RMS Regular
Drives
Subaru Impreza P
lol how? if i crash im not going anywhere, it will be fully caged and i will stuck in the bucket lol

The dash is a few mm thick metal sheet just above your legs. All it takes is a for one of the front wheels to be pushed into the foot weld Crushing your legs into the dash.

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
the dash will be edge trimmed to minimise any injurys, as i said above its only there while ive got my guages where i want them and decided where and what type of digi dash i was then its used as a mould for dry carbon, so when im out on the track, it will be carbon.

if im going to be crashing for one of the front wheels to be in the foot well its going to be some front on force, a fully caged car minimise damage inside of the driver protective bubble, if its not then theres something wrong with the build. many cars have gone flipping all over the joing wrecking the car and walking away. the dash is no problem. its not a road car

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
This thing is bloody brilliant, lots more pictures please! :grinning: You gotta get a proper shoot done on it one day, lots of good photographers on here who I'm sure would be glad to take pictures of such a weapon!

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
Thanks mate,
It's almost worthy of a shoot, still have a few more things to do, but even then it's a long shot off complete

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
had a very riveting experience with the boot poly window lol, she wont pop out anytime soon
10403210_591186727693534_8830510436200592714_n_zpsc9c04069.jpg

got the nikon out, didnt have decent space but got a couple of good shots for the picture lovers :grinning:
Untitled_Panorama2_zps126a00d1.jpg

not the best pictures, just a few quick snaps, didnt have tripod and space for it so these are a little too noisy as the iso was quite high and i couldnt be bothered to faff about with it. it was 12 o clock at night

Untitled_Panorama1_zps34dc1f87.jpg

DSC_2375_zps97540ab8.jpg

might be doing a few bits more to it, i keep saying that's it till the new year lol we will see how that goes.

in the mean time if you haven't already, jump across to the page on Facebook and give us a wee likey

www.facebook.com/trackpirate

alternatively for this built you can find me on these too

[twitter] - @PirateFDRX7
[instagram] - trackpirate_rx7

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
so would i lol, been a long build, not even half way through yet

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Its looking pretty cool.

You'll get there in the end and it will be worth it when you do.

Tr@ckpirate

RMS Regular
OP
Tr@ckpirate
Drives
Mazda RX7
Great build so far,
What's the paint you done engine bay in?

thanks, its just ordinary matte black paint, i had some left over from something else, after i removed a bit of surface rust and primed it an matte blacked it i thought it would be rude not to do the rest

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.