Trackskills Track Day Sunday 16th August at Kirkistown.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Anyone want these? £400 for the lot. Lightweight an phenomenal grip. Worth a few seconds a lap. They are the only tyre for anyone running 17 inch wheels. Vary hard come by now. None left on ebay even

Size 240/610/17
image.jpg

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
This is looking like a good one alright, hopefully weather is good for everyone!

If i was to drive down i couldnt take spare petrol etc with me. Need super unleaded, an at the rate id be on the track id like a transporter there justin casey lol

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
I'm ahead for the 1st time ever, car's clean and prep'd, full of fuel, Jerry can full, something feels wrong, no last minute rush, what am I going to tinker at tomorrow!? 8o|

1 Jerry can be enough? I'd need a boot full if I decide to go! Still on the fence:innocent:

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Wee motor is easy on it! I used over 120ltrs going for tuning to Galway and back(n)lol

Get that X down there for a day:p

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
some useful stuff, track etiquette and the chance to get taken out to be shown the lines if you've not been round before or been a while, well worth doing/listening, good people :grinning:

Yeah think I'll head down myself to this one. Sounds like it's going to be a good one!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Have heard those briefings once or twice, lol :innocent: It is compulsory for any driver.

Main thing for any first-timers is to get down in good time to get shown a few laps with the trackskills chaps. Let them impart some useful wisdom about safe lines, some things not to do, etc. Any new drivers also get to go out on their own in the first session to get a feel for things without being mobbed by Tony, so that is another reason to be there in good time. Other than that, just avoid being a hero, and enjoy the day, everyone in the paddock is there to help (y)

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
1 Jerry can be enough? I'd need a boot full if I decide to go! Still on the fence:innocent:

Get off that fence and come along :grinning:

I usually drive down on a full tank, pop out for fuel at lunch time, and then run the rest of the day and drive home. So just short of two tanks all in. Obviously depends hugely on the car and driving style and all that.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Get off that fence and come along :grinning:

I usually drive down on a full tank, pop out for fuel at lunch time, and then run the rest of the day and drive home. So just short of two tanks all in. Obviously depends hugely on the car and driving style and all that.

See tomorrow pal, sort few things first then I'll go from there. Should be there if I can get booked in:grinning:

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Takes four jerry cans to run the MR2 for the day.
Personally I would not advise running the car full of petrol, between the extra weight and fuel sloshing around can effect handling and balance. Also the less weight the less pressure on the car components.
Our car is lardy anyway at 1250kg so every little bit helps.

jagged

RMS Regular
Drives
640D G.C. E36M3
Ulster rally stage half a mile from my door and I haven't time to go see it !, bloody silage ! Still haven't ruled out kirkers tomorrow , it needs to rain though but I don't need rain , paradox's who needs them :worried:

evo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Ariel Atom 300
Im out lads :worried: Car was due today but they had to change drivers in England an now ive to collect it tomorrow afternoon.

100 percent I shall be at the next one :grinning: Have a good day everyone

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.