Triumph 1050 Speed Triple **updated on post 35**

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Picked this up just over a week ago.

It's an 06 Triumph 1050 Speed Triple.

577973db.jpg

9ffdc759.jpg

Really busting to get some proper riding done but looks like that may be a week or 2 away.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Gorgeous bike, health to ride and hope you get some decent weather soon!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Absolutely stunning bike.

Just looks like it is built with the bare essentials fitted, no fancy parts or unnecessary styling...

Good luck with it (y)

endofreak

RMS Regular
OP
endofreak
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Cheers everyone. :laughing:

Gonna leave the cans as they are. It has Triumph's aftermarket cans which look standard but sound a lot deeper and add a few Hp. Definitely want a set of Renthals though, just can't decide wether I want black to match the bike or gold to match the forks.

crx

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda
Cheers everyone. :laughing:

Gonna leave the cans as they are. It has Triumph's aftermarket cans which look standard but sound a lot deeper and add a few Hp. Definitely want a set of Renthals though, just can't decide wether I want black to match the bike or gold to match the forks.

Gold to match the forks, lovely bike by the way(y)

forde

RMS Regular
Drives
Vectra SRi
a week or two til proper riding lawl thats hilarious more like months, even when it starts being warmer in feb and stuff the roads will be greasy for months and months

anyway triumphs are class ive wanted one for ages, the triples are amazing engines... i wont be changing bike for a year or more probly due to other stuff but ive always wanted one of these since they were first out and i might go for it for my next one its AWESOME looking, i take it you got a good deal then/

endofreak

RMS Regular
OP
endofreak
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
a week or two til proper riding lawl thats hilarious more like months, even when it starts being warmer in feb and stuff the roads will be greasy for months and months

I probably didn't word that correctly, I meant it will be a week or two before I get to ride it at all :worried: Don't mind the wet or a bit of grease on the roads but refuse to ride in this weather.

Got a decent enough deal on it. Was reduced in McCallens from £5350 to £4900 and ended up getting it for £4500.

Unfortunately it won't always look so nice as I'll be using it all year round but it should definitely make the commute to work more enjoyable. :laughing:

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Nice,Nice,Nice
My brother had one of those and his only complaint was "too twitchy" - so he chickened out and got a Suzuki

endofreak

RMS Regular
OP
endofreak
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Had a wee 600 Bandit then dropped a GSXR 750 engine into it. This things in a different league though. It has mountains of torque which is really addictive and I'm really surprised by how well it handles, it's nowhere nearly as big and heavy as it looks. It corners really easily and inspires confidence.

The motor feels a little lumpy on tickover but it's a silky smooth ride and it just wants to take off with the tiniest bit of throttle.

dannyfawcett

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3, 1.6 hat
Very nice, hoping to get a 600 bandit sometime next year if funds allow :grinning:. There used to be a speed triple on my daily commute and this thing would blast past me completely blacked out. Fantastic thing and the noise was amazing.

The 2011 triple doesnt compare at all with looks i think. They've messed the front end up big time.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.