Triumph 1050 Speed Triple **updated on post 35**

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
Glad to see you have joined the Triumph fold and not opted for the usual 'ass in the air' brigade on here! :grinning: The speed triples are an excellent bike and the engines are superb. plenty of torque and fabulous sound.

I saw this bike in the show room and she was very clean. Health to enjoy! :grinning:

Tbh if your 'trip' has got the sports cans and TOR tune done then you should be OK. The Arrow system for these bikes is nice but you do need to do a full exhaust replacement (downpipes etc) to get the benefit. My Tiger has the full Remus system (off Phil's old bike), it does make some difference and releases more punch from the engine plus a sweet sound to boot. You cant beat the note of a Trip!

Be safe out there ...

endofreak

RMS Regular
OP
endofreak
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Tbh if your 'trip' has got the sports cans and TOR tune done then you should be OK.

That's exactly what it has which I love as they retain the original look of the bike but sound a lot better and apparantly add a couple of Hp. The Triumph noise is addictive :laughing:

fiestasi

RMS Regular
Nice bike and HTR.

As you say a good time of the year to buy a bike and i've been looking for a 2006+ R6 for sale but with no luck. Hopefully find something soon enough.

marcusplowman

RMS Regular
Drives
Yes
Great time to buy...not so great time to ride! Mate of mine in London has a white one! Stay safe :laughing:

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
cool bike but i would not want to be on the icy roads with that

endofreak

RMS Regular
OP
endofreak
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Couple of new pics.

Made a few wee changes to make my daily commute a bit better. Swapped the mirrors as the old ones were a little too wide and made filtering a bit more difficult. Also put the original tail back on as the back wheel flings all the **** of the day over the wee short arse onto your back.

b0c1df41.jpg

efd98c26.jpg

c41b27b6.jpg

endofreak

RMS Regular
OP
endofreak
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
The bike test thread seems to be going well recently and I hadn't a great deal to do this afternoon, so thought I'd give the bike a clean and stick up some pics.

IMAG00781024x612.jpg

IMAG00801024x612.jpg

IMAG00811024x612.jpg

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
very nice mate!

looks the biz in black. if those are standard cans you need to think about the Arrow upgrade ... worth it

nothing like a speed triple engine! :grinning:

enjoy

endofreak

RMS Regular
OP
endofreak
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Cheers man. The cans are Triumphs own upgraded silencers which look like standard but without the cat and baffle.

endofreak

RMS Regular
OP
endofreak
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Thought I should update this since we have a nice shiney new section!

303220_10150933974190497_126330363_n.jpg

296071_10150933975240497_594504385_n.jpg

Pictures are a few months old but show the latest mods. Namely the full Arrow race system which was a christmas pressie from the wife!

Next on the list is a tail tidy which will completely eliminate the rear fender and chanes the rear light to a smaller unit.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.