Upgrade from Focus Sport to St3

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
The leather really isnt as bad as everyone is making it out. The way some of you are getting on you would think its cheap crap, but it genuinely isnt bad. Much better than the vinyl immitation leather you get in some bmw's.

gsmith

RMS Regular
Do agree with @collyirwin11 just any of the ones I seen hadn't been well treated. But as I said even some off the cloth seats I seen were in a bad way. If you can get one that's been well looked after leather or cloth it'll just come down to personal preference in the end. If you can buy one from a dealer with a good warranty they do have some common issues some off which can be costly.

gsmith

RMS Regular
Hard to find a good low mileage one now and believe me low miles doesn't mean there better I bought my 1st one with 35k on it and it needed abit off attention. Really need to find another one. On another note there going up In price I've noticed dealers are just asking what they want for them now.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Hard to find a good low mileage one now and believe me low miles doesn't mean there better I bought my 1st one with 35k on it and it needed abit off attention. Really need to find another one. On another note there going up In price I've noticed dealers are just asking what they want for them now.
Are u serious about getting another one.What about the vxr ,are you not happy with it or what.how do you compare the two .

gsmith

RMS Regular
Are u serious about getting another one.What about the vxr ,are you not happy with it or what.how do you compare the two .
Yup %100 have my eye on one just can't sort a deal at the minute with the guy. 2 fantastic motors but the st just has something that the Vxr doesn't. Drove the astra for the first time in a week today and the bangs out if it are fantastic nice car to drive for me the astra looks a lot fresher than the st but if a real proper st comes up with nice miles it'll be mine.

hitandamiss

RMS Regular
OP
hitandamiss
Drives
Nothing
paul Crawford in ards has an 07 st3 and trust ford at knock has an 09 version
That 09 version is beautiful, very close to my current 2011 sport. The 07 is worth a look I guess as well but may have to hold out a bit longer, maybe until those facelift models drop in price cuz they're much better looking imo

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
A friend of mine is selling his. Very well looked after no expense spared. It's on UsedcarsNi (Red with PUI reg)

Odhran

RMS Regular
Drives
A5 Sportback
Yeah sorry was unable to copy the link at the time of posting the above post.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Fella in engine & truck in dargan is selling his. its a 2006 with 46k on it, was telling me this afternoon, i can find out some more info tomorrow when im in again if you want? dont know much else as i wasnt interested but says it has every stamp & gets anything its needs

only selling it cause he wants a facelift one

J55NI

RMS Regular
What is the craic with these Focus st's having problems with the liners? And ending up needing new engines?. Its the only thing that has put me of buying one so far , any of the Ford nuts on here shed any better light on this? Was it certain years affected the most?

beeko85

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST
Mines an early 07...i was delighted when i discovered this little snippet of information

J55NI

RMS Regular
As far as i know, it was early 07's that were effected Jonny

You have had one a good length of time if am correct. whats the verdict?. Its on the list of potential new cars I would be interested in.

beeko85

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST
It ticks all the boxes, which is why ive kept it for 3 years, it also sounds immense, but it certainly isnt that exciting imo

gsmith

RMS Regular
What is the craic with these Focus st's having problems with the liners? And ending up needing new engines?. Its the only thing that has put me of buying one so far , any of the Ford nuts on here shed any better light on this? Was it certain years affected the most?
There was even 09/10 models cracking liners but most of them were big Bhp ones I even remember a few standard low mileage ones with problems also like every car luck of the draw mine was perfect never missed a beat in the time owning it.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
A lot of modded STs now do the 'block mod' where a shim is placed at the top of each liner and the block. Seems to work with the 300bhp+ STs.

Last edited:

johnboy888

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk 6 Golf Gti
That 09 version is beautiful, very close to my current 2011 sport. The 07 is worth a look I guess as well but may have to hold out a bit longer, maybe until those facelift models drop in price cuz they're much better looking imo

I've had a look round both (out of hrs so just the outside) and yes the 09 is beautiful with not a mark on it. however the 07 has a fair few scrapes esp the front bumper which looks like its been scraped up a kerb or something - could be more but it was still wet after the rain on sat afternoon

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.