URGENT! Corsa C 2002 Oil Problem

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
@Deckz rang mechanic, he won't be able to see it until after Christmas :/ @ace275 is basically my main mechanic but Dave doesn't know what it could be :worried:

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Just because it doesn't look wet doesn't mean it's not leaking though you would it up on ramp to proper check in round sump etc

Too little oil will wreck ur engine and it could seize even on the shortest of journeys

Level should be strictly between min and max marks on the dipstick too much or too little is bad

You need the oil to lubricate... If there's no lube metal on metal is gonna be very costly

colin84

RMS Regular
@colin84 yeh :grinning:! The little ridge bits near the bottom of the dipstick :grinning:

Well as said above try putting some in while the engine is cold and give it a minute before you check it. Just keep adding untill you get close to the max mark. You would need to do a regular check on it after that. Make sure you get the right oil to.

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
Addef 2L of oil, about 3/4 of the way up the dipstick. Put 15w40 into it. Now there is rainbows on the road but they dont appear to be coming from my car... or anywhere for that matter. Now im in the car, fans on and there's no lights on (but they didnt pop up until I was driving anyway) and I cant smell oil.... next phase, get cardboard tonight and check for an oil leak? Safe to drive today?

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
Head gasket? :worried:

Attachments

• 20141221_111900.jpg
    20141221_111900.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 208

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I wouldn't drive that anywhere. That needs towing to a mechanic asap.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Unlikely to be head gasket causing that, something is flying out of it !

I think that bike idea isnt bad, if you write to Santa quickly, you might just get him in time for a new bike.

It may be a relatively minor leak, or it could develop into something very costly if you continue driving...your gamble.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
park it or you will end up scrapping it, start ringing a few breakers tomorrow for the price of a second hand engine. Hate to be brutal but its a 2002 corsa if the engines gone you would be safer buying another car.

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
@stevieturbo reckon its an oil leak? Theres no gack on the engine anywhere like there was when my fiat exploded :/! Are leaks cheap to fix?

@Wild Thing if its only a leak would it still be better to get a new car?

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
I've already advised her not to drive it until we see where it's leaking from, but she still insists to go to halfords in it.

Seriously aimee, if in doubt with oil, Don't mess around, it's the blood of your engine.

I'll have a look this afternoon

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
Nah im not gonna drive to halfords xD! I didnt even drive it today! I drove it 2 metres forward to see under the car and thats what I seen:worried:! So I reversed it 2 metres and now its sitting there

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
If I take the cap off theres a 99.9% it looks empty -_-! In the rare case of the 0.1% there's something in it... its bright pink cause thats rhe one I buy from Halfords xD! @m00k

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Summat sounds horribly wrong then if it's using oil and water and mixing it somewhere to give that milky stuff dumped all over the road...

Drive no more!!!!

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
The coolant always drained after the engine coughed one day and Dave took a gasket off to wipe it down and the coolant went all over the road. Then after that the coolant drains straight away .___.! The oil is a super recent problem.... who fancies giving me a new car? :worried: @m00k

garyhoker

RMS Regular
Drives
honda
two problems then looseing water and oil leak..........what gasket did he wipe .... could be small oil seal on crankshaft...oil pressure switch ....water leak gee take your pick .....oil light on lack off oil ....or pick up pipe in sump blocked common problem on vauxhalls ......where in belfast ???? im bored today

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
two problems then looseing water and oil leak..........what gasket did he wipe .... could be small oil seal on crankshaft...oil pressure switch ....water leak gee take your pick .....oil light on lack off oil ....or pick up pipe in sump blocked common problem on vauxhalls ......where in belfast ???? im bored today

Donegal road? @ace275 is coming down at 3.45pm to have a look and im heading to my friends at 4pm (theyre pickin me up haha)! It was a EGC gasket or something? Something to do with my air filter? It was a weird shape and was really thin? I dunno :worried:

Yeh I agree with @Steve C , its obvious I have no idea what anything is :worried:!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.