URGENT! Corsa C 2002 Oil Problem

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Was the EGR I cleaned out and we didn't have a gasket, it's used a little water since then but I've a new one to fit. The coolant runs through it.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
If it's the x or z12xe(p) engine then there are numerical common areas for the oil to leak from.

Oil pressure switch as mentioned,

Rocket cover gasket, leaks down into the plug holes hence you maybe not seeing it,

Oil Filter Housing - where it meets the block,

Sump gasket,

Timing chain gasket,

Also, these engines do burn a little oil (non-optional extra), not always enough to leave a blue cloud behind you, but if your exhaust tail pipe is covered in excessive black soot then that's a fair sign.

Is the engine rattly?

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
It's actually not too bad noise wise, usual slight valvetrain noise on an old vauxhall engine but quite quiet.

Though I'd love to hear it after this lack of oil lol

Aimee-Lee

RMS Regular
OP
Aimee-Lee
Drives
Ford Focus
Engine actually still sounds fine!!! It sounds like nothing is wrong :/! My talents remain in gaming and there may be others but there will be no checking of talents thanks very much bahaha!! Aye @Artoir thats cause the car pooped it straight out! Lol

Reactions: Con

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Oil pressure sensor was pissing oil out if the plug, new sensor, engine bay cleaned and it's all sorted. That sensor was only put in a year ago or so too!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Get on gumtree and just buy another cheap motor. Something properly Japanese, non european etc ( ie not a french pretend Toyota )

For a few hundred quid you're bound to get something reliable and long term it's bound to save a fortune. That car of yours seems to have been plenty of trouble.

Toyota Yaris, Hyundai or something

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Know a 2001 diesel Audi A4 going for £850 alloys spoiler belt n water pump done 125k with full mot

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Get on gumtree and just buy another cheap motor. Something properly Japanese, non european etc ( ie not a french pretend Toyota )

For a few hundred quid you're bound to get something reliable and long term it's bound to save a fortune. That car of yours seems to have been plenty of trouble.

Toyota Yaris, Hyundai or something

Just to be pedantic, Hyundai is not Japanese, it's Korean lol!

But I get the point, it's "Asian" and models from 2000 on are very reliable!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Just to be pedantic, Hyundai is not Japanese, it's Korean lol!

But I get the point, it's "Asian" and models from 2000 on are very reliable!

Hence I did say "etc" and "non european" also. I know they aren't Japanese, but then so are some modern Toyotas

Hyundai's are pretty decent cars if you can get over the name and sometimes appearance.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Hence I did say "etc" and "non european" also. I know they aren't Japanese, but then so are some modern Toyotas

Hyundai's are pretty decent cars if you can get over the name and sometimes appearance.
Yea I know, like I say just being pedantic.

You are 100% correct, Hyundai's get a bad run for no reason, well maybe based slightly on earlier models, but like most modern car manufacturers (except The French) they have released a lot of really good cars.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
Yaris or a frog eye corolla will outlive us all lol IF you're looking at new cars bear in mind that some very early Toyota VVTI engines had oil consumption issues, still bullet proof though

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.