VW diesel emissions scandal

CHARLIE11

RMS Regular
Drives
like a nutta
Just got my letter today confirming that my seat has the dodgy software so have to wait and see what happens next.

same here mine came yest...i havent read thru this thread and my next question mite already be answered, but here it is, WHAT THE F.CK THEY GONNA DO TO FIX IT..???

peeps in work sayin the car will be de-tuned to meet emissions..?? but that cannot be right, can it..?? any ideas..?

CHARLIE11

RMS Regular
Drives
like a nutta
i dunno, thats why im asking, the 'muppets' in work here are doin my head in, they would claim off there granny for smacking them as a child FFS but i think they should claim off there granny for dropping them on there heads as children cause theres defo something wrong with them LOL

im not expecting anything other than it fixed correctly and i'll be happy with that with a courtesy car while work being done.not too much to ask...is it..?

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Compensation for what?

Id imagine there will have to be something.

I've never put in a claim for anything in my life, but if I bought a car advertised as capable of XXmpg (comparatively under test conditions etc) at XXbhp ..... and now they want to take it back and change those specs to comply with emissions legislation (that it should have complied with anyway), Id expect compensation for being missold a product.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
lol no doubt you would get told to Foxtrot Oscar. MPG hasn't been officially mentioned anywhere as being affected by the software, just NOx. If you're so concerned about MPG and getting compensation you wouldn't get the car changed.... Or you'd be claiming 15 minutes after realising that the official figures are complete balls anyway :p

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Had a fella on phone in work today demanding compensation off us as a franchise for selling him the car. No doubt the solicitor he threatened to contact will tell him to wise up (hopefully)

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Printed this out for someone I know who has a DLA car,and since this came out all I've heard from him is Compo Compo Compo
He will get it in the post tomorrow(yes he will fall for it)
I'd love to hear the phone call lol

image.jpeg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Printed this out for someone I know who has a DLA car,and since this came out all I've heard from him is Compo Compo Compo

View attachment 97293

Will he be phoning to complain about their improper use of the spacebar?! :p

richiemucker

RMS Regular
Drives
E220
I can just imagine the excitement he will have, bouncing around the house shouting two grand!! I bet he will have it spent in his head before he even calls the customer care number.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah

View attachment 97293

I'd be consulting a grammar Nazi before sending that "their" letter out..........

It's also nice to know that Paul "Rusty" Willis works from the Coleraine branch.