VW diesel emissions scandal

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Very very rarely will that code be present and couldn't possibly be relied on to tell if cars have been remapped.

I agree entirely, if somebody intelligent is doing the remap it won't be present, however you would be surprised how many we see at the OEM!

dervsport

RMS Regular
I agree entirely, if somebody intelligent is doing the remap it won't be present, however you would be surprised how many we see at the OEM!

The checksum is calculated automatically by the tuning tool or the editing software so not really anything to do with the intelligence of the operator. Maybe what you're seeing is from the use of clone tuning tools hard to know.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I do wonder however when these cars come to mot time, will they be refused if they don't have this "patch" placed into their software or the various hardware added.

Nobody will "check" anything, other than a main dealer who always checks for and applies any recalls or fixes. Including software updates - they regularly make those too for all sorts of reasons. They always have done this, since forever. Only difference with this particular update is it is all over the press.

Nothing to do with software has anything to do with MoT.

And the MoT has nothing to do with the "test" VW failed. The "test" they failed is to do with type approval and classification for tax purposes. The MoT test is completely different, just a check at idle to try and make sure engines keep running "cleanly" as they get older.

Performance remaps (when done properly) have no effect on the MoT emission test. A properly mapped car will always pass the MoT emission test.

In the same way, the "new" VW map will have no effect on the MoT test results. It will pass the same way as the "current" map does.

stevensti

RMS Regular
Drives
slowly
Just got my letter today confirming that my seat has the dodgy software so have to wait and see what happens next.

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
Letter at the house from VW for the gtd. Not opened yet though so it could be something else, but I doubt it.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
lucky you ! are you going to pass on the info ?
Excuse the quality.
image.jpg

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
The VW one is word for word the same with only VW replacing Audi, and the guys signature at the bottom (y)

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
The VW one is word for word the same with only VW replacing Audi, and the guys signature at the bottom (y)
I seen the Audi sign on the envelope and thought happy days, maybe they know I'm a S6 owner and were going to invite me down for some RS drives. The disappointment was great,when I realised it was for the stinking derv.

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
I seen the Audi sign on the envelope and thought happy days, maybe they know I'm a S6 owner and were going to invite me down for some RS drives. The disappointment was great,when I realised it was for the stinking derv.
Speaking of test drives. I had Honda on the phone on to me a few days back looking me to take a run in the new Type R. Need to remember to give them a buzz back (y)

gazvtr

RMS Regular
Drives
S-Line
the use of such shight softwares that patch dpf an egr is sold & freely available to people is the problem
If checksum aint correct soon know minute try start the vehicle

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Got my letter through from skoda confirming mines effected so b interesting to see how it pans out