VW diesel emissions scandal

AC

RMS Regular
VW fix explained! You heard it here first.....

image.jpeg

SMB

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Tried to check if mine was impacted, but Audi site needs flash player and I am on ipad/phone...

Any other solutions, without me having to get the laptop out?

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Seat uk have just been on the phone
They have took my details and will pass them onto donnellys in dungannon,have to ring donnellys tomorrow and confirm it also

Also just checked the missus's Leon 2012,1.6 tdi ......it's also affected:eek:

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Seat uk have just been on the phone
They have took my details and will pass them onto donnellys in dungannon,have to ring donnellys tomorrow and confirm it also

Also just checked the missus's Leon 2012,1.6 tdi ......it's also affected:eek:
so is that to arrange donnelys to do the fix ?

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Aye well I have to register my details with them as I didn't buy the car direct from seat
And not on their system
And to arrange the fix but she said it could be a while yet as nothing is sorted their end regarding the fix

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Ah right. I'm the same , got mine last year from Ballyrobert. Not sure how Seat will contact me , or if they even will . I'm seriously considering doing a deal on a petrol equivalent if that offer is available. Not sure how that would work , as I assume it's only on a new car and I'm not keen on shelling out on a 2015 petrol FR !

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Checked mine on the Audi site and it confirmed what I already knew, its affected.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
I'm certainly not . Ive better things to do than take time off work to balls around dropping off and collecting car from main dealer for a start !

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I don't care whether they fix mine or not, it will be going back to them in 6 months under my current deal and they will have the problem selling it on not me.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I don't even care enough to check if mine is affected (though it being a 2012 2.0 tdi I'm pretty sure it is). And if VW ever do contact me I'll be ignoring it. All this has achieved for me is that I'll never be back to VW for anyany sort of work. My Scirocco runs just fine and doesn't fixed.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Aye I'm not bothered about mine either. Its never been to Audi since it was bought new and that's not going to change tbh.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Can't imagine insurance or warranty would be affected. Resale value might though depending on what the change does to economy/power.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Can't see it being a put off. A rake of the vag's here are clocked and butchered about with, doesn't seem to stop them selling.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Same story with the newer stuff except its potentially less powerful and less economical.... and who knows what their quick fix will do for reliability.

People here are as tight as a ducks arse. Any whiff of the above and the prices will drop. If its a decent fix then I'm sure it'll be business as usual.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
I can't see there being much affect to used values long term, or if trading in against a VAG . You might find a different manufacture might be a bit reluctant taking one as trade in,in the short time until a 'fix' is announced, as they being the supplying dealer could be held liable