VW diesel emissions scandal

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
are bought depending on the tax and MPG and if this changes because of what they have to do then people have a right to complain

Nothing is going to change regarding taxation. They were classed based on an official number when the model was type approved. Makes no difference if that number actually "means" anything "real" (it never did), it is the method used to class it for tax purposes at the time. And that will not change.

The whole system would collapse and the streets would be on fire, all across the EU. It will not happen.

The only thing that will happen is that VW will be fined (and that will take care of any "tax" issues), and some political arrangement will be made with the Americans to give them whatever it was they wanted this time.

There will be a token SW update from VW to "fix the problem". For anyone who cares and actually thinks there is a "problem" in the first place.

A few months from now nobody will even speak of this.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Nothing available on Audi's UK site to check yet.

B8297BD4-F35A-47F9-A8EA-1B5644BBEF99_zpsltbo0hqx.png

Waiting patiently to see if my 2.0 TDI CR is affected. 8-(

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Just got this from Ford. They're on top of this quickly!

Dear Mr,

If you follow any sort of media, you’re sure to have heard the stories about emissions testing for diesel engines.

We wanted to take this opportunity to bring you some more positive news and deliver this message from our company Executive Vice President, Jim Farley.

FORD EMISSIONS COMMITMENT

Given the worldwide attention and news coverage related to diesel emissions tests, we at Ford want to make sure our position on these key issues is clear.

First, our vehicles and engines – including our advanced-technology diesel engines – meet all applicable emissions requirements. Importantly, we do not have any so‑called “defeat devices” in our vehicles.

We also fully support efforts to ensure that test procedures more closely match the real‑world conditions that customers experience under normal driving. That is why we have supported the development of a European Real Driving Emissions initiative that is going into law in Europe.

Ford is committed to offering customers high fuel efficiency and low emissions through what we call the “power of choice.” We offer a variety of choices ranging from our EcoBoost-powered petrol vehicles and advanced technology diesels to hybrids, plug-in hybrids and full electric vehicles.

Visit www.ford.co.uk or your local FordStore or Ford dealer to learn more about Ford’s newest vehicles, technology and our commitment to Go Further.

Jim Farley

FordEmissions_01102015_signature.jpg

Executive Vice President, Europe, Middle East and Africa

Ford Motor Company

Dave..

RMS Regular
I am in shock that Mercedes may have not been accurate about their emissions :scream: .
I hope they swap my car for something that is much kinder to the environment- a C63s would be fair.

Last edited:

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
What are you going to do? have you modified yours?
I'm going to wait to see if SEAT contact me.

will just wait until/if they get back to me
No mods engine wise,but tbh I'm happy enough with the way it is,is yours affected ?

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Only difference will be where the car was serviced - main dealer vs indy.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Some people in NI seem to think dealer services for the cars life are better than a good independent or similar.... I'd say there will be little difference if any.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
As compensation for what though ?lol
Although mines affected I don't I think I will need compensated for anything lol

Dub_cub 89

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo 6 / cbr400rr
I'd want compensation once they "fixed" this "fault" on any car of mine, if only to cover the reduction in fuel efficiency