VW Passat 2012 MPG?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
I found with my 2003 1.9TDI Passat chipped that it had better MPG and better performance so I'm hoping for similar results with a remap of this car. I'm just not sure on the whole possibility of removing the DPF now as it's all new to me and is it worth removing?

I could remap the car and remove DPF filter for you no problem at GP Turbos, but before any of that, I'd be giving it a full inspection to ensure its getting all the correct readings from the sensors around the engine. Even though it may not have a light on the dash, it doesn't mean it's running as it should. Several things such as the air flow readings, map readings, DPF going into regen too often or for too long, EGR valve sticking open and supplying too much unmetered (not passing the AFM) air which causes the lambda sensor readings to compensate and add more fuel etc etc...

Bad fuel economy could be down to several issues, and it's better to try and find a fault as opposed to just masking it up by mapping the car to try and gain mpg.

sssimon

RMS Regular
Drives
1.8t a3
My estate (2006 140pd) gets 43mpg on 10 mile back road commute, If the wife drives it for a week motorway commute and a few miles in the city but avoiding rush hour it with average 46 or 47.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.