Waxing after Polishing

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Baz C

Banned
very tidy, i've heard zanio was good.

2006_0212Image0009.jpg

2006_0108Image0020.jpg

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
focus looks well lad. thats a brand new car tho mate, not nearly as hard to get a proper finish on.

Baz C

Banned
will its not brand lol but looks it :p

heres an old toyota i buffed and polished using 3m compounds and autogylm polishes

Attachments

• DSC00385.JPG
    DSC00385.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC00391.JPG
    DSC00391.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 192

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
Damn thats one shiny 16yr old!!! i cant get my 4yr old mondeo to shine like that!! might be time to check out this zanio sutff....

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
that came up very well, for autoglym :p

BTW, I sold the Saxo to my g/f's mum and she hasnt washed it since September! its starting to annoy me now as I spent a lot of time keeping that car right and I know you did too. maybe you arent fussed but i am! Such a shame :worried:

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
r16vka said:
Damn thats one shiny 16yr old!!! i cant get my 4yr old mondeo to shine like that!! might be time to check out this zanio sutff....

if you decide to purchase it I can get 10% discount on it. drop me a PM and i'll send you the link.

Baz C

Banned
Slideordie said:
that came up very well, for autoglym :p

BTW, I sold the Saxo to my g/f's mum and she hasnt washed it since September! its starting to annoy me now as I spent a lot of time keeping that car right and I know you did too. maybe you arent fussed but i am! Such a shame :worried:

clean it for her :p

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
you do that kind of thing alot slideordie?

id be interested in getting my old mans motor up to yuo while hes away...

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
no not really, just on a personal basis. i drive a 16 year old BMW and the paint on mine isnt worth spending £80 on zaino on so i've yet to try it. i've done a few other folks cars but just as a favour. what motor is it?

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Seems the sky really is the limit when it comes to detaling cars. The best results as shown on that E30 M3 seem to involve a buffer, but tbh I don't think I'd trust myself with one.

I may invest in some Zymol wax at some point as it has a much higher carnauba wax content than the Megs stuff I'm using, which I can only presume is a good thing? I think a wash mit and some decent microfibre towels are next on the list though and a decent bucket lmao since half my time is usually spent searching for one!

At the min my own routine seems to be:

Wash with Autoglym shampoo
Dry using combination of flexiblade/geunine leather chamois. Now move to interior to allow paint to fully dry and all water to run out of joins etc
Hoover interior and clean off any dirt with damp cloth
Replenish leather with Gliptone Liquid Leather
Paint tyres, plastic and rubber with Meguiars tyre dressing (purple bottle)
Autosol on the tail pipes
Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover on any tar I can spot around arches and tailgate
Meguiars 3 Stage Renovator/Polish/Wax
Autoglym window polish on exterior glass inc mirrors and wiper blades

By this stage I'm normally rightly fed up and head to the pub LOL :laughing:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
do any of yas use a garden blower to dry the car off before ya chamois? (like a big fook-off hair dryer) or is my old man goning nucking futs in his old age? lol

Baz C

Banned
slow_assed_clio said:
do any of yas use a garden blower to dry the car off before ya chamois? (like a big fook-off hair dryer) or is my old man goning nucking futs in his old age? lol

have heard of people doing that before, OCD at its best :p

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
LMFAO! Genius :laughing: Might have to try that myself!

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
it actually works really well... doesnt give the water time enough to leave wee smears or marks...

and as for OCD, ya dont wana know the rest... lol (about 102 different bottles of cleaning stuf, and its all for the car lol.. bike cleaner collection is only 97 bottles lol)

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
scrob said:
Seems the sky really is the limit when it comes to detaling cars. The best results as shown on that E30 M3 seem to involve a buffer, but tbh I don't think I'd trust myself with one.

I may invest in some Zymol wax at some point as it has a much higher carnauba wax content than the Megs stuff I'm using, which I can only presume is a good thing? I think a wash mit and some decent microfibre towels are next on the list though and a decent bucket lmao since half my time is usually spent searching for one!

At the min my own routine seems to be:

Wash with Autoglym shampoo
Dry using combination of flexiblade/geunine leather chamois. Now move to interior to allow paint to fully dry and all water to run out of joins etc
Hoover interior and clean off any dirt with damp cloth
Replenish leather with Gliptone Liquid Leather
Paint tyres, plastic and rubber with Meguiars tyre dressing (purple bottle)
Autosol on the tail pipes
Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover on any tar I can spot around arches and tailgate
Meguiars 3 Stage Renovator/Polish/Wax
Autoglym window polish on exterior glass inc mirrors and wiper blades

By this stage I'm normally rightly fed up and head to the pub LOL :laughing:

those flexiblade things are also a good job, save a lot of time! one thing i would say about carnuaba wax is that is doesnt last long. if your talking about the M3 then i'd definately splash out on the Zaino!

go here: http://www.advancedcarproducts.com/products.asp?cat=11

scroll right down to the bottom and buy the last three items :grinning:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
are you on about the AutoGlym flexiblade Scrob?

its not worth its weight in sh!te... lol

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
scrob said:

it wasnt a buffer he used, its called a porter. someone expressed the same concern as you on e30zone. if you push down hard with a buffer it will begin to take paint off but with a porter it will just stop after approx 1lb of pressure. so basically its almost impossible to fck up :grinning:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Slideordie said:
it wasnt a buffer he used, its called a porter. someone expressed the same concern as you on e30zone. if you push down hard with a buffer it will begin to take paint off but with a porter it will just stop after approx 1lb of pressure. so basically its almost impossible to fck up :grinning:

thats the kind of machine need...

id still **** something up.. probably trail the cable over the paint and score it or something lol

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
I'd probably electrocute meself.

Yeah I'm talking about the M3 dude, £80 is savage for a tub of polish, I thought £45 was bad for the Zymol! Have heard a lot of people mentioning this porter cable contraption lately, sounds very tempting that it dies off if you press too hard - will definately keep it in mind but right now I'm concentrating on getting the car paid off and replacing a few minor worn bits (window seals etc) to leave her 100% right :grinning:

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
where would ya buy 1 of those Porters?

any decent motor accessories shop?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
scrob said:
I use the Meguiars 3 Stage stuff, paint renovator (very very mild T cut), polish, and carnauba wax. Gets very good results but takes fooking AGES! :worried:

pmsl, i did it once when i first bought it + havent done it since. I could not be arsed fannying about with that caper when the cars going to get dirty in the next few days anyway. What a crock.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
or a group buy on detailing by Slideordie lol...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.