What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

gleyland44

RMS Regular
Drives
Noble M12's
After seeing @NickR having the BiTdi up for sale and the man maths not working out that I needed one for the wife to do the school run in I decided to give her car a refresh. She liked the black edition look so got it de-chromed and the wheels refurbed (sent her up to powdertek to pick what colour of anthracite she wanted and she came away with bronze). Not everybody's cup of tea but she likes to be different 😂.
1000033458.jpg

finn28

RMS Regular
Drives
350z
Having a backlog of project cars and not enough time or motivation to look at them, I decided that after sitting for over a year I needed to send the A3 off to a mechanic. Found a guy literally at the end of my road that was happy enough to take on the work.

I had already stripped out most of the brake booster but gave up when I realised I needed to drop the engine to complete the job. At the same time I noticed the timing belt was old and cracked. Found a full timing belt and water pump kit on ebay for £25.

Sent the car off with a ziplock bag full of bolts and got it back a couple of weeks later, all done and dusted.

I was a bit shocked when I looked at my trello board and seen that I started working on this about 2 and half years ago, and it had been lying up for about 5 years before that.

Couple of minor things to do and then she's off to MOT.

1714835602484.jpeg

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
Surprised a ramp won't work in there.

You going for a mid rise?
I measured my mk2 cavalier an had 2" spare, it's quite low as is standard so anything now a.dahs would be higher an my dispatch wouldn't go up, I work in jack an axle stands for now, most of the donkey work is done to my cars so a lift isn't needed. I spoiled myself with it
Great space there!
Was worth it for the bathroom alone 🤣🤣 has to drive 3.5mile home from my old shed for a sh!te an when I got home I made tea then said ah I'll go out to the shed tomorrow 🤣