What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
As I cant edit my last post this is the colour in question for the wheels.

54ca8b3b-859f-4e7b-87c5-668d1b42da8c.jpeg

G24NTR

RMS Regular
5k oil service on the M4 with 5w40 LL-04 oil, and returned wheels and pads to stock after Kirkistown.

@_James_ I didn't take any pics but I did notice a difference in the oil filter after 5k with proper BMW M one this time versus previous Mann OEM one. Will be sticking to the original from now on, ****ing M tax 🙈

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
5k oil service on the M4 with 5w40 LL-04 oil, and returned wheels and pads to stick after Kirkistown.

@_James_ I didn't take any pics but I did notice a difference in the oil filter after 5k with proper BMW M one this time versus previous Mann OEM one. Will be sticking to the original from now on, ****ing M tax 🙈

Try Mahle instead.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
The BMW M one is Mann, but will try Mahle for next one.
When I changed the filters on the 5 I bought a rake of Bosch off autodoc thinking they'd probably be the same as genuine ones but it turns out that all the filters I took off were genuine BMW and made by Mahle

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
When I changed the filters on the 5 I bought a rake of Bosch off autodoc thinking they'd probably be the same as genuine ones but it turns out that all the filters I took off were genuine BMW and made by Mahle

Pretty sure the genuine ones I got were Mahle.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Any I've pulled off BM's has been Mahle. I think they do use Mann and Hengst too though.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Picked up my freshly refurbed (again) wheels now in one colour, BMW Orbit Grey wrapped in new Michelin PS5’s for a change having been using PS4S the last 6/7 years.

Coat of C5 to go on tomorrow then get them on the car

IMG_8494.jpeg
IMG_8495.jpeg

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
Wire snapped on the window regulator, anywhere open on a Sunday I could get one?
As said Halfords, but bikehut and grab gear or brake cable, various ways but possibly cut the ends of the current failed and solder them on the brake cable

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Yesterday I went to change the front topmounts, and was happy to find my abs fault was just a broken wire that I fixed. Unfortunately I got to the other side and found a broken Eibach spring. Thankfully I still had the factory fitted eibachs I removed and stuck it in for now till I get replacements.

IMG_2522.jpeg
IMG_2520.jpeg
IMG_2523.jpeg
IMG_2525.jpeg

Today I give it an overdue spring clean inside and out. Exhaust tip polished and ceramic coated, see if it helps make it easier cleaned. And refitted the speedlines.

IMG_2537.jpeg
IMG_2538.jpeg
IMG_2542.jpeg
IMG_2545.jpeg
IMG_2546.jpeg
IMG_2549.jpeg
IMG_2547.jpeg
IMG_2548.jpeg