What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
It’s more when the part numbers cannot be verified or the parts haven’t been removed yet to get measurements etc. We actively offered the option of taking all the options and returning the unused bits to save any downtime and wrong parts being delivered.

It wasn’t always as simple as following the books/systems unfortunately as I’m sure you know yourself, factories threw whatever they could into some cars, people have modified them etc. etc.

I am going to contradict myself hear and say I agree with you. The returns process inside our place is absolutely mad with protocols and paper work and its very off putting

Even with the right tools in place we still manage to send out wrong parts on a daily basis.

BurningSmell

RMS Regular
Picked wife’s Alhambra up from service today and having belt/pump done. Mechanic asked about running temperature as it’s usually only sitting at 76/80 and never at 90. He said there’s no coolant leak, took it a blast out road and heating works fine. Suggested thermostat may be sticking a bit but if it’s always been 75/80 and no issues to just keep an eye.
Realise it’s not normal as such to sit below 90 but would it be doing any harm?

Boksic

RMS Regular
Not really. Maybe not 100 optimal mpg, but if it's still blowing hot air etc I wouldn't be too worried about it.
Some cars might not perform a dpf regen if it can't make it up to a high enough temperature so maybe that might be a concern for you?

BurningSmell

RMS Regular
Not really. Maybe not 100 optimal mpg, but if it's still blowing hot air etc I wouldn't be too worried about it.
Some cars might not perform a dpf regen if it can't make it up to a high enough temperature so maybe that might be a concern for you?
It’s seems fine, I hadn’t thought anything of it and haven’t paid much attention in that I can’t remember if it was ever at 90. It’s running fine and maybe just keep any eye for now

Willy599

RMS Regular
Tiding up a mates 10 Year Anniversary X5, not too sure what's a bigger change the interior or the paint. On the last picture you can see just above the window line on the rear quarter where I haven't polished yet.

4A9346C8-BA6C-41A4-9B14-A217C7B401C0.JPG
5B884FA4-24AA-470A-821F-587DA240D7F4 2.JPG

IMG_0605.jpg

Last edited:

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Enjoying BMW life so far? 😂

Swimmingly!
IMG_0173.jpeg

For the BMW gurus, if I put power back into this with everything disconnected, will it hold the airbag faults etc? Because the doors are frameless, they are a touch down and I’d like to get them fully up…..to stop WATER INGRESS!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Saxo is getting a new fuel pump in my quest to solve this stalling issue. Not finished the other bits yet so yet to see if it has worked.
20240409_194957.jpg

And collected the M4 wheels from Autoworx in Lurgan. Great job done as per usual, really happy with the finish. Not diamond cut, but powdercoated a nice chrome colour to look similar. 4 x 20" M4 wheels fit in a Yaris also, surprised me!

20240410_160609.jpg

20240410_161519.jpg