What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Swapped the gear knob over for a genuine Yaris GRMN one from Toyota. Japanese can buy the GRMN stuff direct from dealer, not in UK though. So overnight parts from Japan it was (well 3 weeks, but sure 😂). It's a lot lighter which I don't really like, but the alcantara feels nice and has red go faster bits.
1711756581722.jpg

Also had the steering wheel done by Edge Automotive. The GRMN one has silver stitching which I'm not keen on as doesn't match anything, so went with red to match the seat stitching. Feels loads better!

20240329_134601.jpg
20240329_141141.jpg

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Swapped the gear knob over for a genuine Yaris GRMN one from Toyota. Japanese can buy the GRMN stuff direct from dealer, not in UK though. So overnight parts from Japan it was (well 3 weeks, but sure 😂). It's a lot lighter which I don't really like, but the alcantara feels nice and has red go faster bits.
View attachment 429501

Also had the steering wheel done by Edge Automotive. The GRMN one has silver stitching which I'm not keen on as doesn't match anything, so went with red to match the seat stitching. Feels loads better!

View attachment 429502View attachment 429503
Steve at edge…one of the best in the business. Did my Porsche steering wheel and a few bits inside the car too.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Steve at edge…one of the best in the business. Did my Porsche steering wheel and a few bits inside the car too.

Yeah I'd seen a set of seats he'd done on the Yaris forum and looked great. Very impressed, would definitely use him again.

AidanMcG

RMS Regular
Drives
6R
D289F9AF-5390-4939-99F0-E018CDF0F00E.jpeg

A3C35AC0-D653-4128-B4E6-415897552A0E.jpeg

Didn’t notice it when buying the car, the the black roof wasn’t in the best condition marks going across it, but sorted with some AutoFinesse Tripple for a short term solution until I get it booked in for a proper paint correction and ceramic coating, but that won’t be until later in the year.

2568C3DE-B6D5-4703-89F4-C726C216FF80.jpeg

7FF85CB6-CA99-4BB2-AE06-F8C641E56B7D.jpeg

Also gives the exhaust tips the autosol treatment (had just started before I realised about a before photo). Massively improved them even with a few stubborn bits that didn’t want to come off

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Fitted a steering racket repair kit to the 1series. I need to adjust it though, I thought it felt alright but on road test it felt a bit too heavy and wasn't self centering.

20240330_151045.jpg
20240330_134150.jpg
20240330_133849.jpg

So also changed the coolant because the main pipe was just above where I was working and that went well.

But then I did the oil service. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this was not changed 7months/4,000miles ago.

20240330_153513.jpg

20240330_153455.jpg

Unfortunately I was too covered in oil to take a pic of it once it fell apart/I removed it.

I don't think I've had oil as black as this on a petrol car, especially one serviced so recently.

I also need a new sump as the sump bung had been unnecessarily hard to get off and guess what? it was unnecessarily loose trying to refit.

Not best pleased to be honest.

Last edited:

GrantR

RMS Regular
Fitted a steering racket repair kit to the 1series. I need to adjust it though, I thought it felt alright but on road test it felt a bit too heavy and wasn't self centering.

View attachment 429551View attachment 429552View attachment 429553

So also changed the coolant because the main pipe was just above where I was working and that went well.

But then I did the oil service. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this was not changed 7months/4,000miles ago.

View attachment 429554

View attachment 429555

Unfortunately I was too covered in oil to take a pic of it once it fell apart/I removed it.

I don't think I've had oil as black as this on a petrol car, especially one serviced so recently.

I also need a new sump as the sump bung had been unnecessarily hard to get off and guess what it was unnecessarily loose trying to refit.

Not best pleased to be honest.

That's normal, I change mine every 5k and comes out black.

ScottIGLaw

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 911
IMG_4820.jpeg

Went for a rip from Belfast to Portaferry with my friend in his new Cayman GTS. Makes a little boy out of my 911!

Is there any interest in organising some early Sunday morning drives twice a month? By early I mean a 7.30am kick off

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
View attachment 429638
Went for a rip from Belfast to Portaferry with my friend in his new Cayman GTS. Makes a little boy out of my 911!

Is there any interest in organising some early Sunday morning drives twice a month? By early I mean a 7.30am kick off

Definitely! That's not early though, sunrise blast is where it's at! Very little traffic and nice to see the sunrise on the odd day it doesn't rain here!

Give me a shout anytime you fancy a spin 👍🏻

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Bombed up the road to Coleraine the morning, decent drive and traffic wasn’t too bad.

Some shiny cars I’m assuming Port bound on the way.

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
Finally got round to fitting the bc coilovers to the 80.
20240330_164731.jpg

Lots of threads left, need to work on getting it down as much as possible and finding the right spacer combo to get it sitting right. But it's taken three months to get an afternoon to get them in that suited me and my friend (who's house has the air tools) 🙈

Needs a good alignment but first impressions are the bc are a good job 👍🏻

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Picked the Megane’s replacement up having left it in for a week to have the paintwork refined & ceramic coating applied. The level of gloss is out of this world! Almost looks wet :heart_eyes:

View attachment 429717
Can’t believe you moved the Megane on! Really was a great looking car. How are you finding the M3? Looks super glossy.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
View attachment 429638

Was that the Cayman Porsche Belfast had?

Would definitely be up for some drives, didn’t get out enough last year. Headed out to Browns Bay yesterday, great day and fantastic to get some decent weather.

Samy888

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta 1.25 Ghia
Can’t believe you moved the Megane on! Really was a great looking car. How are you finding the M3? Looks super glossy.
I know, I loved the Megane & I had it over a year & a half which is quite long for me but I just like trying new things. I would recommend it to anyone as they are amazing in the twisty stuff, looks amazing and is comfortable for the most part.

The M3 is in another league I feel. Refined & comfortable when you want it to be, however in M mode will rip you face off and can be soo savage. Best of both worlds and is just as practical too!

ScottIGLaw

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 911
Was that the Cayman Porsche Belfast had?

Would definitely be up for some drives, didn’t get out enough last year. Headed out to Browns Bay yesterday, great day and fantastic to get some decent weather.
Yes it is. Will let you know the next run out