What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
I was about to go out and wash it, but it's just started raining. Think I've washed the MG once since I've bought it lol.

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
Just found some genuine tailored mats on eBay for £17.99 inc postage so ordered a set to keep for when the weather is better early next year.

Can't believe they are so cheap!

silliwilli

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F82 M4
Washed, Decontaminated, Glaze, Sealed, Waxed
Interior vacuumed
Wheels sealed, tyres dressed.

Exhausted. Started at 11am and finished at 6.30pm...though i stopped to watch the football.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Serviced the fleet (van, Surf, Frontera and Saab) and started into pulling a 1380 out of a rather fusty late 80's shell:

image.jpg

Stevie91

RMS Regular
Sorting it for winter a bit today. Bosch aero wipers and osram nightbreaker unlimited bulbs.

Attachments

• IMG_20141028_131934.jpg
    IMG_20141028_131934.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 101

KrisSRT

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTD
Full service and timing belt and water pump change. That will do her for another wee while anyway. :grinning:

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
What happened?

Not really sure, took it for a wee drive, noticed the temp gauge sat bang on it the middle, usually sits 1 segment below middle, came up the hill section of the a8m towards sandyknowes and saw the gauge climb to 3/4 max temp, switched it off and coasted down to sandyknowes with coolant pissing out off the expansion tank overflow and the system was highly pressurised more than normal.

To be fair from calling the AA to getting it taken back to carrick was only an hour.

I'm thinking, because I only had the heating on in it for the first time this week in a year some gunk or something has blocked something. Got it home and did the heating/cooling system flush and will get some coolant and new thermostat tomorrow from toyota and fire it up again. It's a strange one, but I think having the heating on for the first time in a while has something to do with it. Think I caught it intime before any damage was done.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Gave the cars a good cleaning and a quick going over with the Hoover then fitted my new plates, thanks to Neil@rockvale graphics.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Hopefully de badging the leon off the boot later if my mate can find his heat gun.

wes

RMS Regular
Not really sure, took it for a wee drive, noticed the temp gauge sat bang on it the middle, usually sits 1 segment below middle, came up the hill section of the a8m towards sandyknowes and saw the gauge climb to 3/4 max temp, switched it off and coasted down to sandyknowes with coolant pissing out off the expansion tank overflow and the system was highly pressurised more than normal.

To be fair from calling the AA to getting it taken back to carrick was only an hour.

I'm thinking, because I only had the heating on in it for the first time this week in a year some gunk or something has blocked something. Got it home and did the heating/cooling system flush and will get some coolant and new thermostat tomorrow from toyota and fire it up again. It's a strange one, but I think having the heating on for the first time in a while has something to do with it. Think I caught it intime before any damage was done.

Thought I recognised that Car think you live out the back of me. If you need a coolant flush I could get some in work for a flush if needed

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Thought I recognised that Car think you live out the back of me. If you need a coolant flush I could get some in work for a flush if needed

Managed to get it sorted and it ran fine yesterday and today, so hopefully it's all good for a while now. Whereabouts do you stay pm if you want.

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
A productive day today ☺

Built some ramps out of scrap wood, just to give a bit more clearance so I can avoid axle stands where possible

20141101_161749.jpg

Function over form lol gave me enough room to get the under tray off and the oil changed so alls good

20141102_140307.jpg

Got my pipercross filter fitted with an insulated 3" pipe fitted to get it a bit further away from the engine, will get an air box built around it and a cold air feed piped in

20141102_162144.jpg

New mats fitted also and fired a fuel treatment in along with a full tank of SUL, fuel filter is up next and have some fresh plates ordered from @gcon45

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
A productive day today ☺

Built some ramps out of scrap wood, just to give a bit more clearance so I can avoid axle stands where possible

View attachment 69870
Function over form lol gave me enough room to get the under tray off and the oil changed so alls good

View attachment 69871
Got my pipercross filter fitted with an insulated 3" pipe fitted to get it a bit further away from the engine, will get an air box built around it and a cold air feed piped in

View attachment 69872

New mats fitted also and fired a fuel treatment in along with a full tank of SUL, fuel filter is up next and have some fresh plates ordered from @gcon45

This would look well on some gs300 sport alloys ;)

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip