What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

wes

RMS Regular
Lol scooby stu, yeah it's an oul car my dad sold to Mckinty over a year ago and he still hasn't lifted it. And cheers on the volvo

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Think I've figured out the what's causing the bad running in the rover after hitting a flood and having to dry out the filter and airbag.

Really smoky and doesn't have any power below 3000rpm and then it takes off with full (not a lot) power.

Think the airflow meter is f**ked, can even here the engine idle freer when I plug it out and card runs better tho not perfect with it out.

So need a new one of those :worried:

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Think I've figured out the what's causing the bad running in the rover after hitting a flood and having to dry out the filter and airbag.

Really smoky and doesn't have any power below 3000rpm and then it takes off with full (not a lot) power.

Think the airflow meter is f**ked, can even here the engine idle freer when I plug it out and card runs better tho not perfect with it out.

So need a new one of those :worried:

Drown the ******* in electrical contact cleaner before shelling out for another. Brought the one on my 330 back to life.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Spent all day yesterday swearing at driveshafts. Couldn't even take them off with an impact gun! Oh... And the nuts are rounded...

Anyone got hubs for an e36? Lol

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
image.jpg

Weekly clean inside and out, glimmer man tutti fruitti foam, AB banana gloss shampoo, two coats of AB project 32 gloss, wheels glossed with 50Cal filler glaze, tyres slicked, total rubbish pic as I was in a rush to get in and defrost (y)

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Drown the ******* in electrical contact cleaner before shelling out for another. Brought the one on my 330 back to life.
Tried it, no good.

Need to search again, but remember finding out a while back the the Maf only used to control the egr valve.

Sounds like the Maf is keeping the butterfly valve closed now when it's plugged in and not letting the engine get enough air.

Have unplugged the vacuum pump for the egr and the Maf and It seems to be running as it should

Jordy

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi / E46 M3
Mot check done and burst coilovers removed.

Being on standard suspension is not a good look.

Fabia is like a monster truck!

hippyross

RMS Regular
Washing a bad paint job off my Sri with thinners and red scotch bright before it gets a proper one or it will react, hateful job :sob:
IMAG0658.jpg

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Bought another 1 today for her to drive. Going to order a full service kit for it tomorrow and give it a good seeing to this week before letting her drive it though.

Other than the sluggish gear changes which is just how they are, it's a hoot to drive, especially in manual mode on the back roads...
image.jpg

Just a quick pic while I stopped at Forestside to meet her and spend a second fortune within an hour ffs...

PhilG

RMS Regular
Washing a bad paint job off my Sri with thinners and red scotch bright before it gets a proper one or it will react, hateful job :sob:View attachment 70454

Invest in a litre of 'barcoat' ... I swear by the stuff after I continuously suffered paint reactions. Barcoat goes on before your primer and isolates all paintwork below from the new paint.