What estate would you buy? (5-6k)

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Any 2010 ish VAG would be ideal really. With the resell value since the diesel gate the bargains are incredible.

Likes of this would be fantastic value all round and some pocket change to set aside for future servicing etc.

Yeah it's got the miles but I'd say 1500 in bits would make it feel like a bloody fresh motor.

BurningSmell

RMS Regular
OP
B
Finally getting round to trying to get a MOT short notice to then flog the Audi, think I’ve settled on a B6 Passat or a V50 of similar age

Last edited:

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Expensive for what it is I know, but still love it! lol

1691182672847.png

BurningSmell

RMS Regular
OP
B
B7 Passat for that money surely?
Yeah did look but just don’t know, sort of like the B6 look more, in black, maybe sport spec. Can’t put my finger on the B7’s but just keep thinking it’s something my father would drive!

Lee

RMS Regular
Another vote for a Volvo v70 D5, I have a 2014 twin turbo and a 2005 185hp, both have been perfectly reliable and done big miles.

Do you remember a couple of skidmarks coming to buy a blue Nova off you about 15 years ago? IBZ 😇

glynnnova

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 GTST, S2000
Do you remember a couple of skidmarks coming to buy a blue Nova off you about 15 years ago? IBZ 😇
Don’t remember any skid marks, certainly remember the nova though that was a fun wee car!

Reactions: Lee

BurningSmell

RMS Regular
OP
B
Flogged the A4 so sort of have my sights of something between £2500-£3500. Will pocket the rest for some home improvements!
Still after an estate so maybe an older A4, 3 series, Passat. I know I’ll be looking around the 150k mark mileage wise and likely 09-11 ish I suppose.
I did see a B7 a few weeks ago but came too soon for me, weirdly like the older Passats I sort of like the B7’s in good spec more than the B8

Boksic

RMS Regular
Flogged the A4 so sort of have my sights of something between £2500-£3500. Will pocket the rest for some home improvements!
Still after an estate so maybe an older A4, 3 series, Passat. I know I’ll be looking around the 150k mark mileage wise and likely 09-11 ish I suppose.
I did see a B7 a few weeks ago but came too soon for me, weirdly like the older Passats I sort of like the B7’s in good spec more than the B8

We've an Exeo estate (currently lent out) that's basically a b7 with a much nicer interior and newer tech (and engine) in it. It's easy on fuel, comfortable etc. Might be worth you looking at?

BurningSmell

RMS Regular
OP
B
We've an Exeo estate (currently lent out) that's basically a b7 with a much nicer interior and newer tech (and engine) in it. It's easy on fuel, comfortable etc. Might be worth you looking at?
Cheers Boksic, hadn’t really considered one, just not too sure but even PM me a few details of it, certainly worth considering

Boksic

RMS Regular
Cheers Boksic, hadn’t really considered one, just not too sure but even PM me a few details of it, certainly worth considering

Sorry, I meant they'd be worth you considering generally. As I said my own is lent out, and is handy to have around for the meantime anyway.. they're generally easier bought than the equivalent Audi or whatever