Whatever happened to EMMA Soundoffs and SPL Events?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
I keep meaning to get my Focal comps and genesis and diamond gear into the mk3 but im too busy playing under the bonnet ffs.

Would love to put mine back in again but as I had built mine up over ages bit by bit when I removed it once the car was sold I only then released the total weight. And that was without the sound deadening.
Would hate to put that much weight into the gt86. Though this has got me thinking again.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Keep it simple 10in sub 5in components a decent amp. No frills bare minimum, properly set up will give nice sq with a tight punchy bass.
Would love to put mine back in again but as I had built mine up over ages bit by bit when I removed it once the car was sold I only then released the total weight. And that was without the sound deadening.
Would hate to put that much weight into the gt86. Though this has got me thinking again.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Funny I don't recall this car? Does anyone remember the big Rover 600 filled with Clarion gear and a wacky paint job, I think it was based in Larne?

jimcupra

RMS Regular
This thread has got me thinking of some tunes in the scrap Ford. I have a head unit brand new Sony Android (never fitted :oops:) a Rockford fosgate 300.4. I just need cables sub and components. Build a sub box and tweeter pods. Mount door speakers and sound deadening, I really need to talk myself out of this but I can't :confounded:
As @svensktoppen would say, what can possibly go wrong lol.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
This thread has got me thinking of some tunes in the scrap Ford. I have a head unit brand new Sony Android (never fitted :oops:) a Rockford fosgate 300.4. I just need cables sub and components. Build a sub box and tweeter pods. Mount door speakers and sound deadening, I really need to talk myself out of this but I can't :confounded:
As @svensktoppen would say, what can possibly go wrong lol.

Lots of scrapped and cut hands for a start :laughing:
Everything so dam sharp once you go under the plastics.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Oh yes plus lots of swearing and shouting. Fibre glass everywhere the dust from isopon. The list just gets longer, but I have now worked out in my head how to build s nice box for a 10in sub. Flush mount the amp with a couple of fans to cool it.
Really must stop this lol.
Lots of scrapped and cut hands for a start :laughing:
Everything so dam sharp once you go under the plastics.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
After this thread got me thinking I found myself at the weekend looking under the carpet in the boot at the space available if you took all the foam out.
Dam it, must resist.

A6Avant

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Avant
@Hudson got me interested in ICE back in the day. I lived for a short while down in Portstewart when i was at college and got to know him a bit. I remember sitting in the car, not having heard a proper sound system before and seeing/ hearing the install he had. Completely speechless. From memory it was Alpine head unit and Kenwood amps/ subs? I tried in the following years to emulate what he had going on but failed miserably! I did compete in an EMMA in Fintona and came 2nd but it seems such events have died off now. Too bad :-(

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Problem being now all the head units are integrated into so much it's a pain in the hole although audison seem to do some fantastic stuff to convert etc

Would love a wee system again altho still have the cav

purplea4T

RMS Regular
This is going into the daily Saab - Alpine Type R components (6.5"), Alpine 6x9's, Focal 13" Polyglass sub and Phoenix Gold XS4300 and XS 2500 amps. The amps are 15 years old but are faultless and produce more power than they are rated at. Think it's being controlled by a PG Bass Cube and Kenwood double din of some description.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Get some photos of yours up m00k. AA installs were always awesome.
I vaguely remember @m00k install, couple of big subs when you pull the rear seat down??

I'm looking at what I can do in the Zafira already! Lol. I found a pair of Vauxhall speaker ring adapters in my tool box, now to trawl the classifieds!

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Funny I don't recall this car? Does anyone remember the big Rover 600 filled with Clarion gear and a wacky paint job, I think it was based in Larne?

I don't remember the Scorpio estate either I was in the Granada Scorpio and it sounded amazing. It was a different install from the one in news report it ended up with a 21" sub in the boot

old1 (web).jpg

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
@m00k thats class looking. When I first got the Focus @Cartunes and myself considered removing the back seat and making the back of the car a massive sub enclosure. But by the time he came home from England on holidays I had chickened out :worried:

warren

RMS Photographer
I have photos of this from a car show in Bangor in 2007.... Think the car was something silly like a Renault 19.... But I had literally just passed my driving test and if fuelled many years of fitting subwoofers to my parents cars because I couldn't afford my own :laughing:

image.jpeg

Markhall

RMS Regular
Drives
Ax gt, defender
@Hudson
Lots of good memories of us all building your sound system . Always seemed to be last.minute.com the day before an event then no sleep until it was pumping. I blame you and brainbugs nightmare tune for my tinitus lol
Have you any pics of us in the wagons from back in the day ???

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
@zap I will need to get up to see you soon, I killed another MTX sub... well to be exact it fell apart :worried:

I see John Robinson is still in the game, according to his Bakebook he is building an SPL Land Cruiser

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.