Whats going on with MOT Availability at the moment?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Ban the effing bots ffs!

When they restricted access a while back it was class for a week or less and then back to chaos. Kick them away tae feck aff it, don't understand why they are allowed access in the first place.

Rossӏmac

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S4
From what I understand, yes.

The only one I can see that's online and says it's working is simplemot (£11.50 per booking currently). Not sure how legit it is as the website is a mess but it's got all of the right verbage on how to beat the bots (email verification etc.).

For what it's worth, I ran a website (with a bot running in behind the scenes) to offer fairly priced competition (£4) to mot-hub (£13) but the security upgrades to the DVA website beat me and seemingly also beat mot-hub, as they too have been offline for almost 3 months now.

I really doubt simplemot is getting the traffic to be the actual issue with booking as they are no where near top of the results on Google search, but I could well be wrong.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
The only one I can see that's online and says it's working is simplemot (£11.50 per booking currently). Not sure how legit it is as the website is a mess but it's got all of the right verbage on how to beat the bots (email verification etc.).

For what it's worth, I ran a website (with a bot running in behind the scenes) to offer fairly priced competition (£4) to mot-hub (£13) but the security upgrades to the DVA website beat me and seemingly also beat mot-hub, as they too have been offline for almost 3 months now.

I really doubt simplemot is getting the traffic to be the actual issue with booking as they are no where near top of the results on Google search, but I could well be wrong.

Maybe it’s someone in their bedroom clicking refresh flat out 😂

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Not me! :joy:

How was the system fine for a short while after the DVA site security was strengthened and now its back to being dire? This has all the hallmarks of a horizon style frigged system.

Yet most mot's that I've been at in the last year have been in centres that looked to be abandoned.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
The centres look "abandoned" because they keep the cars coming at a steady rate, and not build up pointless queues outside just to "look busy". If everything works as it should, and people don't arrive silly early, then it should basically just be you there waiting.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I'm not talking about queues of cars outside, it's the handful of cars going through and testers standing around like the booking system isn't sending cars their way.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Definitely more testers than cars any time I have been there recently. Can’t work the poor souls too hard can we.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
The centres look "abandoned" because they keep the cars coming at a steady rate, and not build up pointless queues outside just to "look busy". If everything works as it should, and people don't arrive silly early, then it should basically just be you there waiting.

Unfortunately, this is utterly bollocks.

Reactions: Ben

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Have seen a mixed bag all within the past 6 months to be honest. Mallusk was steady enough, Balmoral was quiet one day and then mental the next, as was Lisburn.

I was brought inside the centre for a motorbike MOT a few weeks ago and only about half the ramps were in use on a Friday morning.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
This really doesn't appear to be anything much to do with capacity, more with capacity under utilisation. The testers are there and the equipment is there but the booking 'system' doesn't appear to be able to fill the slots. Something stinks about this, it's either incompetence or something deliberate in terms of policy. 🤷‍♂️

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
This really doesn't appear to be anything much to do with capacity, more with capacity under utilisation. The testers are there and the equipment is there but the booking 'system' doesn't appear to be able to fill the slots. Something stinks about this, it's either incompetence or something deliberate in terms of policy. 🤷‍♂️
Obviously we can only go on what we see but I’d agree, they aren’t exactly run of their feet. I’d give him the mileage, done the lights then jumped out, been to the loo and back and he hadn’t touched the car 4 of them were standing chatting and only 2 cars arrived after me the whole time I was there.
At balmoral here atm and 1 van in the que and thats it.
1st time pass
Praise The Lord GIF by Soul Train

DJMCA

RMS Regular
On a general note, do induction kits affect emissions? Its a model specific RamAir kit and only recently fitted so should be flowing cleanly etc.

Had just a thought in the back of my head that id be better fitting the standard airbox for MOT

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Weren't the slot time length's increased during Covid? That alone would have a big impact if it is still in place.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
On a general note, do induction kits affect emissions? Its a model specific RamAir kit and only recently fitted so should be flowing cleanly etc.

Had just a thought in the back of my head that id be better fitting the standard airbox for MOT

Never had a problem

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155

Also, never had a problem with induction kits for MOT's. As long as it passes the emissions test, there's no issue.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Actually one thing to be careful of is crank case breathers. If it vents to engine bay they can fail it on emissions.