What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
And now for something completely different

View attachment 433321

I love this BUT what is going on with Colour it looks flat for some reason even though 90% of the pictures took of it has it looking dirty in them all.

Cro

RMS Regular
Dealers will print out a battery performance certificate and come with a battery warranty any time you ask.
I’d imagine that’s what you’d be after buying a second hand car and sellers will have ready if the want an easier sale. Same as health checks are common for rs6’s and gtr’s etc

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
WAS THERE NOT A STORY BEHIND THAT CAR OR ANOTHER SIMILAR ONE THAT WAS TAKEN OFF THE ROAD BY THE COPS?
I remember that one but wasn't it a different colour, green maybe?. I think it got seized because it was a saloon on the log book so Dibble assumed it was a ringer. You'd hope it all got sorted in the end but I never did hear if there was a conclusion.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
I’ve read that they’re much cheaper new in ROI than here. I wonder how that works with importation etc?

They are. Unsure about the taxation/importation piece but iirc a model 3 starts around €40k and model y similar or possibly even less.

Seemingly a lot of garages N.I & ROI are refusing to take in 2nd hand EV of any brand, for fear of not being able to sell on. Goes a way to explaining the value the ones above etc are.

Didn’t someone else post about 2nd hand leasing being a thing, similar to PCP? If you’re going to lease/PCP anyway, it’s a reasonably risk free way of trying out an EV and maybe even getting into a higher spec than brand new.

E4mon

RMS Regular
They are. Unsure about the taxation/importation piece but iirc a model 3 starts around €40k and model y similar or possibly even less.

Seemingly a lot of garages N.I & ROI are refusing to take in 2nd hand EV of any brand, for fear of not being able to sell on. Goes a way to explaining the value the ones above etc are.

Didn’t someone else post about 2nd hand leasing being a thing, similar to PCP? If you’re going to lease/PCP anyway, it’s a reasonably risk free way of trying out an EV and maybe even getting into a higher spec than brand new.
Yep. 2021 Model 3 and all guaranteed to have a maximum of 40k miles.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
RE: longevity of EVs;
I’d wager the MOT men will be poking holes through the sh*te, pressed steel subframes on most of them before the traction batteries become unusable.