What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
And now for something completely different

View attachment 433321

I love this BUT what is going on with Colour it looks flat for some reason even though 90% of the pictures took of it has it looking dirty in them all.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
WAS THERE NOT A STORY BEHIND THAT CAR OR ANOTHER SIMILAR ONE THAT WAS TAKEN OFF THE ROAD BY THE COPS?

Cro

RMS Regular
Dealers will print out a battery performance certificate and come with a battery warranty any time you ask.
I’d imagine that’s what you’d be after buying a second hand car and sellers will have ready if the want an easier sale. Same as health checks are common for rs6’s and gtr’s etc

Dynam0humm

RMS Regular
WAS THERE NOT A STORY BEHIND THAT CAR OR ANOTHER SIMILAR ONE THAT WAS TAKEN OFF THE ROAD BY THE COPS?
I remember that one but wasn't it a different colour, green maybe?. I think it got seized because it was a saloon on the log book so Dibble assumed it was a ringer. You'd hope it all got sorted in the end but I never did hear if there was a conclusion.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
I’ve read that they’re much cheaper new in ROI than here. I wonder how that works with importation etc?

They are. Unsure about the taxation/importation piece but iirc a model 3 starts around €40k and model y similar or possibly even less.

Seemingly a lot of garages N.I & ROI are refusing to take in 2nd hand EV of any brand, for fear of not being able to sell on. Goes a way to explaining the value the ones above etc are.

Didn’t someone else post about 2nd hand leasing being a thing, similar to PCP? If you’re going to lease/PCP anyway, it’s a reasonably risk free way of trying out an EV and maybe even getting into a higher spec than brand new.

E4mon

RMS Regular
They are. Unsure about the taxation/importation piece but iirc a model 3 starts around €40k and model y similar or possibly even less.

Seemingly a lot of garages N.I & ROI are refusing to take in 2nd hand EV of any brand, for fear of not being able to sell on. Goes a way to explaining the value the ones above etc are.

Didn’t someone else post about 2nd hand leasing being a thing, similar to PCP? If you’re going to lease/PCP anyway, it’s a reasonably risk free way of trying out an EV and maybe even getting into a higher spec than brand new.
Yep. 2021 Model 3 and all guaranteed to have a maximum of 40k miles.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
RE: longevity of EVs;
I’d wager the MOT men will be poking holes through the sh*te, pressed steel subframes on most of them before the traction batteries become unusable.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
:eyes: :joy:

I've something else lined up so I can be talked to on price if anyone is interested.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
2012 crv 2.0 vetec auto 4wd anything to watch out for. Thinking of changing to one when the baby comes.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
One for @Ged

2012 crv 2.0 vetec auto 4wd anything to watch out for. Thinking of changing to one when the baby comes.
No specific experience but I know a couple of people that have had manual diesels and loved them, decent mpg and very reliable.

Believe auto’s are pretty rare in crv’s

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
One for @Ged

No specific experience but I know a couple of people that have had manual diesels and loved them, decent mpg and very reliable.

Believe auto’s are pretty rare in crv’s
I’m worried an auto 2.0 petrol with 4wd will be awful on fuel 🤣 it’s £385 a year to tax which is a bit of a deal breaker too.

I’m can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m finding it hard to part company with the sandero stepway. It’s actually a fun car to drive you can blast it down a b road in 3rd and 4th gear without killing yourself. It has loads of grip even if it’s a bit rolls a bit, if you could disable the traction control it would be even better. It’s light and whilst it definitely not fast the tiny turbo makes it feel fast and the 3 cylinder sounds good.

Also it makes turbo noises 😁

Oh and it has a tripod mode 🤣

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
I’m worried an auto 2.0 petrol with 4wd will be awful on fuel 🤣 it’s £385 a year to tax which is a bit of a deal breaker too.

I’m can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m finding it hard to part company with the sandero stepway. It’s actually a fun car to drive you can blast it down a b road in 3rd and 4th gear without killing yourself. It has loads of grip even if it’s a bit rolls a bit, if you could disable the traction control it would be even better. It’s light and whilst it definitely not fast the tiny turbo makes it feel fast and the 3 cylinder sounds good.

I think a wee Dacia makes great sense, what about upsize to a jogger, can be pretty cool looking.

On the Crv the old ones boot floor folds out to be a camping table which would make me buy one by its self lol. Mpg be terrible id say though tbh.

Wee Freelander is hard to pass in the reasonably sensible 4x4 market I think, but diesel or 20mpg v6 only.

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4

Rolls a bit?? Definitely got different when it comes to describing roll;) I didn't have the confidence to chuck it into a corner like the XJ or even A4. Ex g/f had one, which I drove occasionally. Fast around town, but 1.0 was too wee for the size of car after 30mph. 1.5 or 1.6L and it'd be an absolute gas! (With better suspension)

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Rolls a bit?? Definitely got different when it comes to describing roll;) I didn't have the confidence to chuck it into a corner like the XJ or even A4. Ex g/f had one, which I drove occasionally. Fast around town, but 1.0 was too wee for the size of car after 30mph. 1.5 or 1.6L and it'd be an absolute gas! (With better suspension)
Was it a turbo one mine is dead on up to the national speed limit and looses puff above that. Mine has a wee tuning box on it which helps 🤣 the standard air box feels restrictive too. Mine has a cone on it makes it feel like it responds better. I was able to push an e60 diesel “m5” up the road going to work on sunday 🤣 black smoke pouring out his exhaust.

I’d love to throw some springs in it just to see but that’s not the point of the car.

If you just chuck it into a corner the tc shats itself and it understeers like crazy anyway. If you drive it smoothly and load up the suspension and tyres it’ll just grip. You can even get it to lift off oversteer 🤣 mine came with budget tyres and it was terrible good tyres help.

If it was a standard sandero they come with 185/65/15 tyres the stepway has 205/55/16 could make a difference too.

I reckon a sandero race series could be good craic the Clio rs engine fits in them 😉

I think a wee Dacia makes great sense, what about upsize to a jogger, can be pretty cool looking.

On the Crv the old ones boot floor folds out to be a camping table which would make me buy one by its self lol. Mpg be terrible id say though tbh.

Wee Freelander is hard to pass in the reasonably sensible 4x4 market I think, but diesel or 20mpg v6 only.
Thought about a jogger but they don’t see many second hand yet. There’s a good pcp deal on the hybrid less than £200 pm but needs a £6k deposit.

Wife’s dead against changing the car anyway 🤣