What's taken your fancy in the classifieds today?

Gambit

RMS Regular
Haven't gone down that direction as yet but I used to regularly clean a GLA220 for a girl and did mention it to my wife but got one of those pulled, screwed up faces in response :joy:

Just had a quick browse there and they def do not look as good as the A Class IMO
horses for courses, i think the GLA AMG Line look better than A-Class AMG line, something about them just makes them more purposeful looking. they both really need the aero-kit on them

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Always loved these
IMG_6139.png

Jamie-g

RMS Regular

A wee shameless plug

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything

I think that's a great looking wee car, looks clean too!

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR

DJMCA

RMS Regular

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
They are great looking and seem to be very cheap atm, see the s63 amg on marketplace for under 10k.
They do seem very cheap but I'd imagine an absolute electrical nightmare!

Besides pfft, who would want a S63 with a measly V8 when you can get a S65 with a twin turbo V12 :joy:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
They do seem very cheap but I'd imagine an absolute electrical nightmare!

Besides pfft, who would want a S63 with a measly V8 when you can get a S65 with a twin turbo V12 :joy:
If I buy a scary running costs car I buy it V12? lol

Without doubt an electrical mess, but I'd hope the later ones of that generation would be pretty decent. And sure all 2000's bargains are an electrical mess haha
Yea you'd want the v12, but they're 30k. AMG v12 mercs never got cheap. 350L would do me rightly :laughing:
View attachment 432970
View attachment 432971

350 over an XJ?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Has she actually driven an A class?

Coming from an Audi, interior quality will be a serious letdown.

She's in a 2011 Q5 with 111k miles on it :joy: a facelift A Class will be like a dream to her :joy:

Interior is dead on in it and I added extended leather to the armrests and carbon trim from the SQ5 but its a dated interior from mid 2000's to mid 2010's across A4/A5/Q5

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Surely the space in the back will be an issue, think someone else mentioned earlier too?

We are replacing the wife's car currently and even an X1 was a tight squeeze for the 5 of us. Unless your crew are shrinking, or very placid, there'll be arguments galore :joy:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Surely the space in the back will be an issue, think someone else mentioned earlier too?

We are replacing the wife's car currently and even an X1 was a tight squeeze for the 5 of us. Unless your crew are shrinking, or very placid, there'll be arguments galore :joy:

For all the time we go out together, having a bigger car is wasted - she works weekends so days out are few and far between. Plus, I have had my 3 door hatch 6/7 years and had everyone in comfortably for weekends away up north to Coleraine from Belfast. Also, boys will soon be out of their seats and into boosters

When the time comes to go look at one in particular, it will be looked at but main objective here is to get her something smaller, more economical, less tax, modern, with some tech and nothing else bar a Mercedes A Class :joy:

TBH, for the budget we have in mind, it is one of the best options.

Before anyone may go on a search, she doesn't like:
  • red
  • Golf/SEAT/Skoda/Jap/BMW

So basically narrows it down to Merc/Audi or maybe a XC Volvo of some sort but then she's back into a bigger car

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
We've ended up with a 2020 Kia Sportage GT Line, very well specced, 180bhp petrol turbo AWD DCT. She was in a Tuscon before, Kia is a real step up in quality (can't believe I'm typing that!) but it's up there with anything of a decent brand out there.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Kia and Hyundai too, don't look past them. Great quality and just work. Hard to beat for every day motoring and floating about.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
We've ended up with a 2020 Kia Sportage GT Line, very well specced, 180bhp petrol turbo AWD DCT. She was in a Tuscon before, Kia is a real step up in quality (can't believe I'm typing that!) but it's up there with anything of a decent brand out there.
Actually like the look of that generation Sportage. Seem decent value too.

E4mon

RMS Regular
I think the merc would be a better car. Would take either tbh just want something that isn't being flipped and the owner has had it a while.
I’ve an XJ for sale if you want a look some time for comparison. I’ve had it a couple of years