Who prepares their cars for resale the best.???

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
Hi folks just wondering which dealer preps their cars the best when there putting them out for resale and i include the big dealers i.e merc,bmw,audi as well as the independents. When i say prep im sure some dealers throw a hose around a bit but who really preps their cars well and do any even send their cars that are for sale to any detailers for preping.?

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Main dealers, IMO none of them. Indy's, despite people moaning id say Hollybrook probably do the best job.

Jason

RMS Regular
I'd like to think I send most of ours out as clean as they can, they all receive a full valet and service if required.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Private enthusiast sales usually. The owners likely have a bit more time to clean it properly and take pride in showing it off. In saying that the only car I've ever bought that hasn't needed cleaned as soon as I got it was the 350z. Looked like it had got a wheels-off job before I got it :grinning:

I almost prefer it not to be too clean or even prepd so I can use my own gear on it and spend a bit of time getting to know the car :oops:

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Certainly not bmw Audi or Mercedes portadown

Was looking around all 3 recently, cars on the forecourt were very poorly presented.....

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
From my personal visits to dealers, two that stand out are Hollybrook and RB Automotive
Just had a jook at RB automotives web site and he does have a few really nice cars and they do look well presented. Cheers

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
Strange question, will you only buy a car from the best presented dealers?
Not necessarily but it helps to see well presented cars for sale because theres a lot of sh1tty ones about. Would you prefer a rough looking car if you were in the market to buy ?BTW i didn't say anywhere that i was buying a car.

Last edited:

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Most places I know have a lad just outta school with a Hoover and yard brush lol

hippyross

RMS Regular
Not necessarily but it helps to see well presented cars for sale because theres a lot of sh1tty ones about. Would you prefer a rough looking car if you were in the market to buy ?BTW i didn't say anywhere that i was buying a car.

If I was looking to buy a car and I heard here that a dealer who has the car doesn't prepare his cars very well I'm not going to dismiss that car it could be a diamond in the rough so to speak.

O.C.D

RMS Regular
OP
O.C.D
If I was looking to buy a car and I heard here that a dealer who has the car doesn't prepare his cars very well I'm not going to dismiss that car it could be a diamond in the rough so to speak.
Fair nuff !

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Drew Graham motors in Castlederg. His cars are left perfect. I be in garages all over north and south everyday and Drews stands out above the rest. All good cars, not messed with and sitting perfect.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
I've worked in dealerships for a long time and never seen anywhere that I could say preps the cars well for resale, even brand new cars aren't done properly!
I do a lot of work now for lots of traders from long term used car garages to smaller Independant sources and in fairness to @Jas Lad their cars come close to being some of the best presented stuff I've seen.

Most of the traders you see with a smaller stock of higher end stuff seem to look into the finer details of presentation.

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
Main dealers, IMO none of them. Indy's, despite people moaning id say Hollybrook probably do the best job.

Lol I went to see a cayene turbo jeep on a Saturday at Hollybrook with my step brother to buy it for his wife. It was lying in a shed sorta semi half clean. Then it barely started. I pulled it outta the shed I to the yard and left it ticking over to have a nosy round it before a test drive and it broke down ticking over. They said they would get it fired up on Monday again for a test drive. 17 days later they rang him by which stage she had one.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Trade sale ? If looked at a few trade sale cars they have and you're right they don't bother much with them. As for private sales if you have made an appointment I honestly have never seen anyone better.

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
Trade sale ? If looked at a few trade sale cars they have and you're right they don't bother much with them. As for private sales if you have made an appointment I honestly have never seen anyone better.
Nope was a retail sale job as I got him to ring and they had no idea I was involved or coming along or was related etc

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline

And I know the actuall owner of the jeep that was involved extremely well as they didn't even own it so I coulda just bought it out from under them and went and lifted it but my stepbrother wanted to leave it where it was to get the dealer warrantee because they are notorious for issues

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Nope was a retail sale job as I got him to ring and they had no idea I was involved or coming along or was related etc

Surprised by that actually but I guess it just goes to show its luck of the draw really. Any experience I've had with them has been good so can only go on that.

And I know the actuall owner of the jeep that was involved extremely well as they didn't even own it so I coulda just bought it out from under them and went and lifted it but my stepbrother wanted to leave it where it was to get the dealer warrantee because they are notorious for issues

They do quite a bit of SOR but really there is an awful lot of dealers doing exactly the same now and I can't blame them. A lot less outlay on their books. Could he not put a Porsche warranty on it himself like you can with BMW ?

AIRFORCE1

Banned
Drives
164/580 Topline
Surprised by that actually but I guess it just goes to show its luck of the draw really. Any experience I've had with them has been good so can only go on that.

They do quite a bit of SOR but really there is an awful lot of dealers doing exactly the same now and I can't blame them. A lot less outlay on their books. Could he not put a Porsche warranty on it himself like you can with BMW ?

Oh my step bro has his wife's car long sorted and this particular jeep is back with it's owner as they couldn't sell it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.