WRC 2014 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
rumour this morning - Kubica to VW with Red Bull paying for it.

Red Bull already sponsor VW although I'm not sure.

M-Sport applied to the FIA to alter the gearshift in order to accommodate Kubica.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
rumour this morning - Kubica to VW with Red Bull paying for it.

Red Bull already sponsor VW although I'm not sure.

M-Sport applied to the FIA to alter the gearshift in order to accommodate Kubica.
Can seen vw changing unless YML gets the boot.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Citroen have backed him until now, so hard to see him anywhere else, at least to start with. And I thought all the VW seats were taken? But I guess when the $$$ get counted, things can change...

I only want to see Kubica in the WRC, whatever team, as long as he gets a decent car. See what he can do at the top level.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
VW could fire him into the 2nd team alongside Andreas.

Kubica still has a lot of learning to do, as shown in Wales.

Ogier & JML in the lead VW team for sure.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
VW could fire him into the 2nd team alongside Andreas.

Kubica still has a lot of learning to do, as shown in Wales.

Ogier & JML in the lead VW team for sure.
JML seems to have a fight about him now and has stepped his game up since moving to VW so i would agree with SO & JML staying put

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Pretty sure Autosport published a story that they were approaching Kubica to undertake rounds of the WTCC alongside Loeb. If that were the case, it would be hard to see him driving in the WRC for anyone other than Citroen.

The rule change that has been enacted, so that teams no longer have to have decidated team drivers for all rounds, leaves a very fluid driver situation for next year.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Autosport seem to print a lot of rubbish most of the time though...

Never understood the point of doing a couple of rounds each in multiple series, instead of committing to a full season in one series and actually having a proper go at it... That kind of touristing is doing nobody any good...

I really hope Kubica mounts a proper challenge in WRC. Or a proper challenge in WTCC. He could do well in either. WTCC might suit him better, but not sure if the rules allow him to go there yet with his special needs.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Autosport seem to print a lot of rubbish most of the time though...

Never understood the point of doing a couple of rounds each in multiple series, instead of committing to a full season in one series and actually having a proper go at it... That kind of touristing is doing nobody any good...

I really hope Kubica mounts a proper challenge in WRC. Or a proper challenge in WTCC. He could do well in either. WTCC might suit him better, but not sure if the rules allow him to go there yet with his special needs.
it does the teams good for manufacturer honors.

loeb for eg. was never perfect on gravel but excelled on tar so bring him in for tar events and give the gravel stuff to a finn, thus getting the best possible score for the citroen brand in the series.

thats my view on it anyways and lets face it if citroen are pumping tens of millions into it they will want to have a PR tool to say they are the best in the world at the end of the campaign

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
marcus was driving the i20 today, they are definitely not shy on spending at this project...

Ba0MDVOCQAA8ZQt.jpg:large

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Good, hope both them and Citroen can step it up and challenge VW... Too much of an RB style run-away for VW this season...

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Interesting that colin clarke doesnt say its not happening ad he is one man well in the know

uploadfromtaptalk1386585670760.jpg

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Agree. Bit of a slap in the teeth for Ostberg as well.

But, if I was running a rivate team, which M-Sport is and was dependent on external funding sources to keep the operation going, I'd make signing the most well known and visble WRC driver my priority - especially as he comes dripping with personal sponsorship.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/111801

a few things from this I think:

Hirvonen is either going to M-Sport or Hyundai.

Kubica is not going to Citroen

and it's put up or shut up time for Kris Meeke. I wish him well, huge potential, needs to deliver from round 1 if he wants to challenge.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Sordo as good as confirmed for hyundai tonight

Mikko and robert for ford now id say

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus TDCI
So happy for Kris & Paul.

Time to step up to the plate and deliver kid.

I'm off to check the odds on Paddy Power for a Meeke victory.

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Great news. I didn't see it happening after last year's wildcards, but happy days!

Serious journey to get this far. Now let's see him win one!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
FIA World Rally Championship

Kris Meeke, Mads Østberg and Khalid Al Qassimi to compete for Citroën Racing in 2014

Citroën Racing is delighted to announce its line-up for the 2014 World Rally Championship. Kris Meeke/Paul Nagle and Mads Østberg/Jonas Andersson will be the Citroën Total Abu Dhabi World Rally Team’s driver/co-driver pairings in the DS3 WRC next season.

Having won the World Rally Championship eight times between 2003 and 2012, Citroën Racing is to continue its involvement in WRC with two new high-potential pairings.
Kris Meeke came through the ranks of Citroën Racing’s promotional formulas, before driving a C2 Super 1600 for the brand in the Junior WRC. IRC Champion in 2009, the Northern Irishman has since made a return to the World Championship. His two 2013 appearances saw him put in some impressive performances at the wheel of the DS3 WRC. In 2014, these occasional outings will give way to a full programme, as he becomes the first British driver to race a full season since Colin McRae’s 2003 swansong with Citroën.

“It’s an incredible opportunity,” says a delighted Kris Meeke. “I’ve always been close to Citroën over the last few years. I’m really lucky to be able to work with a team that has so much experience and so many titles.”

“I have only competed in ten World Championship rallies in a WRC,” he says. “I think I’ve got some potential, but I still need to get some experience under my belt. The Citroën DS3 WRC is a terrific car and I’m going to be able to use the team’s knowledge to help me improve. I know that I’ll have to be patient in the first half of the season and learn all about the rallies that I haven’t done before.”

26-year-old Mads Østberg has already taken part in 65 WRC rallies and won the Norwegian Championship four times. With seven podium finishes to his name at world level, he notched up his first WRC victory at the Rally of Portugal in 2012.

“I am very happy and proud to be joining Citroën Racing,” explains the Norwegian. “We worked hard to get an official driver’s spot. After so many years watching Citroën win, it’s a dream come true to be part of this team.”

“Competing is the most important thing,” adds Mads. “And even though I don’t know the team or the car yet, I can recognise the worth of the guys and the Citroën DS3 WRC. Of course, I’m joining Citroën Racing to get some good results and to try and win some rallies. I’ve always shown that I could be quick. I know that the standard in the World Rally Championship is exceptionally high, but I want to be competitive!”

Like last year, Khalid Al Qassimi will take part in a selection of World Championship rallies. The driver from Abu Dhabi will line up for the races in Sweden, Portugal, Italy and Spain and will concentrate on taking part in the entire Middle East rally Championship.

“Our team line-up for the 2014 season is in keeping with our ambitions,” concludes Yves Matton, Managing Director of Citroën Racing. “Kris Meeke and Mads Østberg have followed very different career paths, but both of them are on the cusp of making it into the very top class of world rally drivers. After an initial phase of learning and getting to know each other, our goal will be to help them to improve and turn them into real contenders for victory.”

Citroën Racing will unveil its entire rally and track racing programme for 2014 on Monday 16 December, at a press conference in Versailles.

The event will be broadcast on the site
www.citroen-wrc.com

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Thread now split from 2013 thread into the chat for 2014 season and made a sticky...

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Seb Ogier testing for Monte.

Bit of a moment early on in this video

Clear looking roads

More snow

Last edited:

Cess

RMS Staff
OP
Cess
Neuville - Hyundai i20 WRC Monte test. Looking fast.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.