WRC 2015 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

garyhoker

RMS Regular
Drives
honda
well done chris shows someone gave you the chance ....... you proved it ......... roll on 2015 wrc

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Brilliant! Should always have got the drive but you never know what deals are being done that could have messed it up for him so great to hear it confirmed. (y)

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Love to see him out in an old f2 car like a xsara, 306 or a clio maxi to see how he would get on with it. No real challenge entering a regional event in a full fat wrc car but i suppose thats a treat for the spectators. Id go to see him in most things to be fair.

Cess

RMS Staff
He's got his wife on the notes, I'd say it will be tough enough ;) I've a funny feeling Du Var is the Loeb's "home" rally and he does it every year. Nice touch, that.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yup it is, it's also Delecour's home event. Would be good one to spectate at.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Finally caught up with Wales, love that rally :grinning:

Close call for Meke in that ditch, how he survived that I do not know! Then lost it all from a stupid puncture, what a bummer. Was a sterling drive for him, both this weekend and all year. Is he still without a drive for next year?

Well done to Hirvonen, finishing on a high, well deserved (y)

Laugh of the day (has to be read with a Finnish accent :p ): "Rally is difficult sport, specially without car" :cool:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Finally caught up with Wales, love that rally :grinning:

Close call for Meke in that ditch, how he survived that I do not know! Then lost it all from a stupid puncture, what a bummer. Was a sterling drive for him, both this weekend and all year. Is he still without a drive for next year?

Well done to Hirvonen, finishing on a high, well deserved (y)
meeke is signed with citroen for 2015

Cess

RMS Staff
Ostberg, Paddon and Kubica all in the mix for the second Citroen seat.

Ostberg also has the option of going back to M-Sport with his offshoot Adapta Team. Paddon also in talks with Hyundai, but apparently is after a deal which will get him the most seat time. Have heard Kubica will not be maintaining the relationship with M-Sport.

Tanak will be Hirvonen's replacement at M-Sport.

Sam.

RMS Regular
It'd be good if he would work something out (y)
FIA JWRC runner-up Alastair Fisher has set his sights on stepping up to WRC 2 in 2015
Fisher won the JWRC category in France and Britain to secure the championship runners-up spot behind Stéphane Lefebvre, and the Northern Irishman would like to follow the Frenchman up the WRC ladder next season.

“We’ve spent our time now in the junior formulas. I think we’ve always had the pace since 2012, but a few mistakes on my part and a few mechanical problems have kept us away from perhaps winning in one of the years,” said 26-year-old Fisher.

“We would like to be in WRC 2 next year but it’s a lot of commitment and a lot of money so we’ll have to work hard over the winter.”

Fisher, who finished third in the WRC Academy in 2011, sees either a Citroen DS3 R5 or a Ford Fiesta R5 as the best potential options.
Alastair Fisher - won JWRC at Wales Rally GB

“I’ve never driven an R5 car. I have some small S2000 experience, but we have to test the Ford and Citroen and see what is the best option. It would be nice to get a run in both cars over the next couple of months and anything else that is out there.

“We need a reliable car and we’ve had good results with Citroen over the past few seasons, but we also have history with Ford as well so we need to see the best way to go,” he said.

Fisher expects to make a decision by February next year with a view to opening his championship challenge at Rally de Portugal (21 - 24 May) if a WRC 2 programme comes to fruition.
http://www.wrc.com/en/jwrc/news/2014/november/fisher-to-move-up/page/1975--52-52-.html

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Think Kubica is wanting a part circuit - part rallying programme in 2015.

Citroen could facilitate this with their WTCC & WRC outfits.

Sam.

RMS Regular
Think Kubica is wanting a part circuit - part rallying programme in 2015.

Citroen could facilitate this with their WTCC & WRC outfits.
Yeah, he mentioned the possibility of doing a 50/50 rally/circuit program at a stage end interview in Wales. Would certainly save him a bit of repair money

Sam.

RMS Regular
3688_germany-latvala-vines-2014_764_896x504.jpg

=

B2_zOEbIAAASQ-J.jpg

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Citroens two cars are Meeks and Loeb.

Does this mean mass doesn't have a full programme

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.