WRC 2015 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cess

RMS Staff
Just catching up. Articles state its a one off drive for Monte Carlo only, so I'm assuming Citroen will unveil another driver.

Canny move by Citroen, as a Monte Carlo win generates as much publicity as a world championship.

Also means pressure is off Meeke (as number 1 driver), for a big result, first off.

Last edited:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Just catching up. Articles state its a one off drive for Monte Carlo only, so I'm assuming Citroen will unveil another driver.

Canny move by Citroen, as a Monte Carlo win generates as much publicity as a world championship.

Also means pressure is off Meeke as number 1 driver for a big result, first off.
It will however be interesting to see how far off the pace Meeke is from Loeb as i am guessing loeb will only have very limited seat time pre event to reacquaint himself with rally over his roundie stuff

Cess

RMS Staff
9 times world champ, he'll be grand :laughing: Mrs Loeb will be spitting them notes out like a machine gun this weekend :laughing:

Also as far as I can tell Loeb will be registered for manufacturer points for the new DS Team. Citroen are using the event to launch DS as a brand in its own right. Think Toyota/Lexus.

Sam.

RMS Regular
He's doing Rallye du Var in a DS3 WRC too - should be a good "shakedown" for him.

Too early to predict Monte podium? Seb, Latvala & Seb for me.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I think we are going to see a few of the old time WRC hitters out more often next year

the two solbergs especially in something privately run

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Hope is all we have for Petter coming back i think, would be a dream team though, two of the most flamboyant drivers with the two biggest personalities in the same team would sell some amount of memorabilia

Cess

RMS Staff
I don't think Breen's doing another season in ERC. Plus the Fiesta WRC was up for sale.

Still think Chardonnet and Lefebvre feature somewhere in Team Citroen/DS plans.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
I don't think Breen's doing another season in ERC. Plus the Fiesta WRC was up for sale.

Still think Chardonnet and Lefebvre feature somewhere in Team Citroen/DS plans.
one question that hasn't been asked here yet, where is the ctroen money coming from to pay meek and whoever else, still the man from UAE area or maybe a new sponsor which could bring their own driver

Cess

RMS Staff
Yep, the Emirates, I believe. To quote Clark once again, Citroen (or DS) have the money to get anyone. Must be throwing big cash at it. There is even new engine, new suspension and new aero coming.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Just see this, some assholes about.
Screenshot_2014-11-24-20-07-41.png

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Maybe he didn't like the touring cars as much as he thought he would. I didn't see much of the racing but I see he came 3rd of the three Citroen cars, a good result for his first year but maybe hard to take for someone so used to winning.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.