WRC 2015 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Sam.

RMS Regular
Meeke not happy about the dust, wouldn't talk to Colin Clark at the end of SS12. Got out of the car and had a few words at Michele Mouton at stage end.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Was listening to Rally Radio on the way to work this morning and Meeke sounded like he was bouncing like Skippy after the night stage !

Shaping up to be a properly epic last day...

Sam.

RMS Regular
JML broken his windscreen already due to a hard landing.

Meeke 7.5s behind JML in SS13 - "We were looking at a false reality the past few days due to the road position"

Reactions: DC.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Bottle of wine demolished already, bottle two about to get corked here with the nerves and excitment

Sam.

RMS Regular
He's been saying that all along, compared to the VWs

Ogier fastest on SS14 - "I'm sure we can go faster on the power stage". Seems like he can just find time when he needs it.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
He is being a little more blunt about it now

The Citroens limits are not up to the pace of meeke

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
3 World Championships on the bounce for Ogier & VW. (y)

Going to take some stopping!

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
just watched the power stage there and Meeke seems to be very discontent with Citroen, or at least making his feelings more public...

He has proved he can be mature and set the pace and has proved how out of touch the DS3 really is on an even playing field.

when asked at stage end, after securing 3rd OA, when he could hardly even break a smile:
WRC: have you spoken to Yves about next year?
KM: no
awkward silence and a look of dispair
KM: i think its up to yves to come and speak to me

i can't see VW changing for 2016 as they really do have the top 3 drivers and Andreas was groomed via the Skoda feeder team so he will be there for a few years yet.

Hyundai isn't the most reliable as yet so Meeke would hardly risk going to an established team that still isn't performing great.

Ford hasn't a great car and i feel that KM's and malcolms relationship is best as friends not colleagues.

Toyota? Meeke could maybe come in as their #1 full timer on the knowledge that they have an endless budget to make a car that could out perform the Polo and offer him seat time that would prove invaluable for a few years ahead with the team ?

Dicuss... @Cess

Sam.

RMS Regular
I can't see him going to Hyundai @Graham, Neuville has been saying the same things as Kris recently - that he needs to drive over the limit of the car to get close to the VWs.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Also Matton has apparently said either the WRC or WTCC program will be getting axed next year as the two wont be run again .

To me the DS brand as a whole that launched recently best suits rallying and thus it wil be the means to market the brand ??

Sam.

RMS Regular
Also Matton has apparently said either the WRC or WTCC program will be getting axed next year as the two wont be run again .

To me the DS brand as a whole that launched recently best suits rallying and thus it wil be the means to market the brand ??
It might be WTCC getting cancelled, Matton talked about it helping towards engine development for a 2017 WRC car.

AUTOSPORT said:
Citroen is yet to make a decision on its future in the World Rally Championship beyond 2016, but team principal Yves Matton says the French manufacturer already has the edge on its rivals in terms of its '17 World Rally Car.

The World Touring Car Championship's technical regulations have enabled Citroen to run preliminary engine investigation work into what a 36mm restrictor would mean to a World Rally Car.

The WRC's shift from a 34mm turbo restrictor is among changes aimed at making cars faster, wider and more aggressive, with a boost from the current notional figure of 300bhp to 380bhp.

Citroen will remain in both the WRC and WTCC next season, but a decision for 2017 and beyond will be taken at the end of this year.

"In the first steps, we are in advance of the other manufacturers because we have the engine, thanks to WTCC," said Matton.

"So we know the strength and the weakness in this area.

"A big part of our engine work is done and we have a very good knowledge of working with this restrictor.

"For the moment, we are making a pre-study on some other technical topics, just to see how we can improve this.

"This is also part of our study to be back in 2017.

"If we are coming back in 2017, we are coming back to play for the victories against Volkswagen."

CITROEN OPEN TO NEUVILLE

Talk of Thierry Neuville's future has been spiced up by Matton's admission that his door would be open if the Belgian was to leave Hyundai.

Strong criticism of Neuville's recent performances from the Korean manufacturer reignited speculation that last year's Rally Germany winner could walk away at the end of this season.

Matton says he would be happy to see him back in Versailles, despite the way the relationship reportedly soured when Neuville turned his back on Citroen, preferring a full M-Sport programme for 2013.

"When Thierry Neuville is free, then you have to put him on the list," he told AUTOSPORT.

"From what I heard, he has a contract, but OK, you can always break a contract.

"For the moment, there has been no discussion. If he does come back then it's the proof that he has made two mistakes in the past..."

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Malcolm Wilson is convinced the Fiesta would challenge the Polo if they had a better driver. Pretty sure he would take Neuville back in a heartbeat if he had the budget to pay him.

If I was Kris I would be very interested to hear what Toyota/Tommi Makinen had planned for the future as I'm pretty sure Citroen would disappear if Abu Dhabi left.

Then maybe the new i20 will be closer the Polo in 2016, who knows.

Cess

RMS Staff
Toyota have Eric Camli and Teemu Suninen on a contract already. Plus other drivers have tested the car too like Sarrazin and possibly Bouffier.

Meeke's future rests on Citroen having a continuing presence, which depends on funding and how worthwhile they think the sport is. If Citroen don't think they have the money to get closer to VW or they don't think there is any point in spending money to try and get close to VW, I personally think they will fold the team.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
very interesting article there @Sam.

looks like Citroen are there for next year anyway and if they don't have meeke in a seat for it then it's madness IMHO

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
image.jpg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Toyota Yaris WRC test video.

Mikko Hirvonen was at the test today but wasn't seen driving.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Just watched the ITV4 highlights this morning. Was great until Ogier stopped the sweeping duties, from then on he just demolished everything as usual. Scary, the pace of that car compared to all the others. Like Merc in F1, nobody else can touch them.

As for Chris, he is not in a position to pick. It will come down to finding sponsors and team funding. Very low chance of a drive for another team, and even at Citroen it looks bleak. His demeanour kind of says it all, he knows he needs a lifeline at the moment.

That said, it was a very solid drive in Australia. I always find it hard to watch when he does well, because you never know what the next corner will bring, lol :grinning: But that was splendid, and a great result, even if his road position did help.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.