WRC 2015 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
TIL - that WRC drivers are allowed to drive the stages before the event. But national rally drivers are not, they only get official pace notes and a couple of videos of somebody else driving the stages.
That I do not believe, on safety ground alone it sounds madness

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
TIL - that WRC drivers are allowed to drive the stages before the event. But national rally drivers are not, they only get official pace notes and a couple of videos of somebody else driving the stages.

Id doubt that.

There is no doubt they can buy notes but id say 99% would drive the stages and amend the bought ones. Thats generally what happens for the smaller rallies here.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Shakedown times:

image.jpg

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I assume shakedown times would be as unreliable as F1 practice times?

Still looking good at the top there :grinning:

Sam.

RMS Regular
Some go all out. Some want to save the tyres. Some want to do a few runs then go home (Ogier). So not a brilliant indicator. Especially not at Monte.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Right folks who do you predict will be champion come the years end?

I think Ogier. (I hope Latvala.)

Hope VW get pushed a bit more this year.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Cannot see anyone touching VW, and cannot see Latvala touching Ogier.

Would love to see Loeb upsetting things a bit at the odd rally, lol, but with Citroen so far behind VW that is hard to see too... But, we live in hope :grinning:

Actually, will be really interesting to see how Chris does against Loeb, in the same car :innocent:

Sam.

RMS Regular
Agreed @coops! . Latvala can match Ogier for speed - but that's not all that's needed. VW hiring Christoph Treier made a big difference last season, he seems quite confident in any interviews this year.

Who knows what chaos the new running order changes will cause though!

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Hard to look past Ogier for title i'd think.

But more excitedly, I'm going to stick my neck out and say that I honestly think we're going to see the first win of a WRC round by a N.Irish driver since Paddy Hopkirk. There was a year of bedding in and learning event. He was showing some degree of consistency last year and to my mind was the quickest non-vw driver. Time to nail the colors to the mast if the opportunity arises and go for it this year.

KevM

RMS Regular
I dont think we can base this year, on last year's form.

The cars/teams/drivers will have evolved to some degree. We'll be fit to gauge this years form in around 48 hours time. Cant wait!! :grinning:

The only given, will be that Kubica will need many roof-skins.... lol

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
I hope it is Latvala, Ogier and Meeke in that order! Realistically - Ogier, Latvala and Neuville!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Neuville is my dark horse for the year, if Hyundai can get the reliability bit right they can fight for podiums.

Loëb is only planning on doing Monte Carlo.

M-Sport have big upgrade planned for the Fiesta in time for Portugal. In Malcolm Wilson's words: "the biggest upgrade they have ever done".

I hope Kubica has a better year in all seriousness.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
100th R5 Fiesta was produced there recently so it must be doing okay :grinning:

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
I do believe in Neuville - he just needs confidence and a bit of luck! Well we all ready to follow first stages tonight? :grinning:

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Citroën Racing ‏@CitroenRacing 1m1 minute ago
#WRC Start List
1 Ogier
2 Latvala
3 Mikkelsen
4 @MadsOstberg
5 Neuville
6 @krismeeke
7 Evans
8 Prokop
9 Sordo...
14 @SebastienLoeb

RCT

RMS Regular
100th R5 Fiesta was produced there recently so it must be doing okay :grinning:

It'll be down to the customer support and backup being very good, compared to other manufacturesof R5 cars. Some of the others rally teams are a nightmare to deal with!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.