Super car Sunday. 7th September

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

HWW

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta, Mini
They should close a stretch road for it or someone said they should have it at Balmoral Park as there is a 1/4 mile straight there.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
yea was good to meet you even though you didn't keep my parking space lol

there was an m3 there today and it sounded fantastic. The guys kept saying on the mic and this is the fastest car here with the Bentley.

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Marshalling was rubbish... Arrived early enough and wasn't allowed in meaning parking up at b and q and walking down on the carriageway with the child in the buggy with no footpath...

Once in clear to see plenty of empty spaces and areas for parking!!

There was a space beside my car all day, right at the top of the car park. Seen you coming through the bridge giving it a bit of a blip with a big smile on your face lol

One more photo for the time being, love this car

Supercar-Sunday-AE-2 by sonnyg88, on Flickr

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
What a great day out, sure it could have been even better closing the road etc but that was never going to happen, and kept a bit of edge being 'legal'...

Some very nice cars there too, alot we'd never see on any normal day or car show, great that alot of them are members from here! Enjoyed it, but sunburnt now :oops:

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Got chatting to a Marshall & he reckoned it was its 7th year on the trot. Venue in my eyes is perfect as it's not supposed to be a big event. Plenty of parking of you looked about.
Yes I know the cops detering was a shame but they had to show a little face for an hour or two. Didn't put me off.

Class day & nice meet you @Big Ian & @scoobyrb555

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
arrived in a m3 and ended up going for a run in a m3. Thanks to m5lvyn for the run out. Been looking at dct m3s since I got home.

The prat society ruined it.

Glad you enjoyed the run out mate! Get one bought haha.

there was an m3 there today and it sounded fantastic. The guys kept saying on the mic and this is the fastest car here with the Bentley.

What was the reg of the m3? Me and buddy Chris had ours up and did a few runs out!

@BarryPort I didn't realise that was you in the carrera s! Would have popped over for a nosey. Looks lovely mate.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
Seriously impressed with that black gtr, didn't catch the guys name driving it but he's some pilot! First year I've been and now my favourite event.

Pity the c63 disappeared just as we had queued up for it :worried: but there is always next time.

I hoped the f 40 was there, was it possible to get runs in it on previous years?

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Seriously impressed with that black gtr, didn't catch the guys name driving it but he's some pilot! First year I've been and now my favourite event.

Pity the c63 disappeared just as we had queued up for it :worried: but there is always next time.

I hoped the f 40 was there, was it possible to get runs in it on previous years?

Yea they auctioned a few runs in it and the Berlinetta last year. Went for big, big money.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3

Black GT-R belongs to Andrew at Momentum Motorsport. Lovely car. (y)

Chris86

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
yea was good to meet you even though you didn't keep my parking space lol

There was 4 e9x m3's there today (common as muck lol)

Myself and mel's has the 4 pipe mod done
Trevs silverstone has a full evlove etronic with x pipe and high flow cats
The other e92 with the black wheels (i want them wheels) has the bmw performance exhaust.

They all sound peachie

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
ok lol the driver of the white m3 was young and it sounded like a dct gearbox. Also there was one with stunning seats in it.

Andrews GTR is very special. We had a nice run home in it. The gearbox oil was quite hot at the end. I had more fun trying to get out of his lotus with the roof on.

@chris_b think you where standing beside me for a bit.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Some impressive cars there today. That C63 pretty much drowned out everything in the car park and then spotted why when it was parked up - nice Akrapovic system.

RS6 was lovely as well, don't get the the chance to see one up close.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Some noise of the GTR, I heard/saw him coming back along the dual carriageway as I was leaving.

Didn't realise the police were out with the hairdryers, shame. Anyone get done?

Sonny

RMS Photographer
Few more photos. Think I got most RMS members cars I spotted.

Supercar-Sunday-1 by sonnyg88, on Flickr
Supercar-Sunday-4 by sonnyg88, on Flickr
Supercar-Sunday-12 by sonnyg88, on Flickr
Supercar-Sunday-13 by sonnyg88, on Flickr
Supercar-Sunday-17 by sonnyg88, on Flickr
Supercar-Sunday-18 by sonnyg88, on Flickr
Supercar-Sunday-20 by sonnyg88, on Flickr
Supercar-Sunday-21 by sonnyg88, on Flickr
Supercar-Sunday-24 by sonnyg88, on Flickr
Supercar-Sunday-25 by sonnyg88, on Flickr
Supercar-Sunday-28 by sonnyg88, on Flickr
Supercar-Sunday-33 by sonnyg88, on Flickr
Supercar-Sunday-45 by sonnyg88, on Flickr
Supercar-Sunday-47 by sonnyg88, on Flickr
Supercar-Sunday-52 by sonnyg88, on Flickr
Supercar-Sunday-53 by sonnyg88, on Flickr
Supercar-Sunday-58 by sonnyg88, on Flickr

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
think there was a few conversations to be had. Apparently most of them where ok but its like a bunch of roses you always find the odd p***k.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
ok lol the driver of the white m3 was young and it sounded like a dct gearbox. Also there was one with stunning seats in it.

Andrews GTR is very special. We had a nice run home in it. The gearbox oil was quite hot at the end. I had more fun trying to get out of his lotus with the roof on.

@chris_b think you where standing beside me for a bit.

Could have been !!! My apologies, I bumped into a good friend I've not seen in ages so time just flew by as we hashed away lol

@chrisd1 @m5lvyn @Chris86 - seen all your cars but literally ended up spending the whole time talking away as above so my apologies we didn't get a yarn.

Both E92's & Trevor's car as always looked fantastic, sounded great too !

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Some noise of the GTR, I heard/saw him coming back along the dual carriageway as I was leaving.

Didn't realise the police were out with the hairdryers, shame. Anyone get done?

Don't think anyone got done. Not that I heard anyway. They were def looking to catch someone. Started at top of hill on A1 then moved to Hills RB as they were more hidden up there. Was good info sharing among all the drivers about where the police where at, and the police down in the car park told me the traffic branch where out with hair drier. Just had to be watching all the time. It's more the other idiot road users I had to watch out for and pensioner vigilantes sitting in the fast lane at 55-60mph who refused to pull in.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Got chatting to a Marshall & he reckoned it was its 7th year on the trot. Venue in my eyes is perfect as it's not supposed to be a big event. Plenty of parking of you looked about.

It way well not have been designed to be a big event, but it was.

If it is the 7th year on the trot they run this event then it's clear it's out grown that location. While I'm sure in the past it was fine this year due to the volume of people attending it wasn't really fit for purpose. As for plenty of parking while I'm sure there was but to get from the parking to the event location you had to walk down the hard shoulder of a very busy dual carriage way. Not ideal with the volume of people doing this esp those with young kids. The amount of times I head people asking where to park and being told 'over there' with the marshal pointing towards to the slip road was unbelievable.

Still enjoyed the event, but as stated it had a good few issues.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Im sure its been asked before but who owns the grey Nissan S15?

Its hands down one of nicest cars in NI.

Also the grey 944 S2 was just stunning. Excuse my ignorance @m5lvyn but what were you in?

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
Don't think anyone got done. Not that I heard anyway. They were def looking to catch someone. Started at top of hill on A1 then moved to Hills RB as they were more hidden up there. Was good info sharing among all the drivers about where the police where at, and the police down in the car park told me the traffic branch where out with hair drier. Just had to be watching all the time. It's more the other idiot road users I had to watch out for and pensioner vigilantes sitting in the fast lane at 55-60mph who refused to pull in.
it's not a closed road so I hope you done the speed limits

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.