Super car Sunday. 7th September

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
Great day out! Enjoyed that much more than car shows (y). Shame about the police quelling the runs though but managed to get a few decent spins in between the outside lane granny hoggers (n).

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
@Lyons yep it was indeed, you looked in deep conversation.

@Mark King your rs6 is totally stunning. I had a peep inside while you where chatting to weed.

was a good day and some nice cars. The white c63 is Andy quinns old motor that Ronnie has, goes well

Derekm

RMS Regular
Drives
Exige S Focus RS
Always good fun day out and the weather was kind.
I did a good few runs in the Exige, thou had to be very careful with the police knocking about.
Some lovely motors at it too.....

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
Always good fun day out and the weather was kind.
I did a good few runs in the Exige, thou had to be very careful with the police knocking about.
Some lovely motors at it too.....

You put some miles on that car today! Fair play to yourself and all the other drivers, great amount of money raised.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I was stood at the entrance to the car park and I have to say there were some nice cars in attendance. @Mark King your wagon was looking good and sounds very nice indeed!

Just one comment though the organisation / marshalling in was a bit of a joke. I watched one of the 'marshals' getting into a stand up argument with a guy in a silver van leading to the police being called. Some of the language he used was pretty choice too. Not saying either was in the right or wrong but the only voice I could hear was the marshal. The others weren't up to much either. That location isn't up to the task of hosting an event like that as spectator parking just wasn't up to it, there were a lot of people parking on motorway slip roads and roundabouts which is just dangerous. Good event, for a good cause but needs more planning and thought.

RickyB

RMS Regular
Drives
E3VO X
Had a great day and did 26 runs in total, with some runs getting £30 to £40 a time which I was surprised at as some people didnt want to queue up!! Most of the police seemed decent enough apart from one grump auld boy who was standing in the middle of the road at one stage with the hairdryer :-( Lot of nice RMS cars and good to meet a few members ;)

renman8957

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane RS250
Loved the C63, noisy bugger, RS6s were both stunning, red one moreso and the carbon is just perfect on it. Derekm you are nuts, joy to watch you blasting in and out haha. Marshals could have done a better job, looked like it got totally bunged up at one point at least

warren

RMS Photographer
Was anyone else listening to the guys with the microphones? Im pretty sure they had absolutely no clue what was happening. Couldn't even count the amount of times he said the California was a Cali-T....which is wasn't, then he said it was the fastest road car in the country.....pretty sure it wasn't the fastest car in the carpark. Then he said the V8 continental GT would do 225 mph.

Loved everything about today apart from them lol

HWW

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta, Mini
arrived in a m3 and ended up going for a run in a m3. Thanks to m5lvyn for the run out. Been looking at dct m3s since I got home.

The prat society ruined it.

warren

RMS Photographer
I watched one of the 'marshals' getting into a stand up argument with a guy in a silver van leading to the police being called.

Seen this too, the guys in the van went into the carpark after, parked beside my Volvo then proceeded to go over and check out all the cars, smiling and everything lol

Chris86

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
Great day today. Didnt do as many runs as i would of liked as i felt people wern't getting good value for money at times cause the police where literally everywhere through out the day. Still a great day for a great cause.
I hope next year they could agree a lane closure or something like that.

Mark King

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
I was stood at the entrance to the car park and I have to say there were some nice cars in attendance. @Mark King your wagon was looking good and sounds very nice indeed!

Just one comment though the organisation / marshalling in was a bit of a joke. I watched one of the 'marshals' getting into a stand up argument with a guy in a silver van leading to the police being called. Some of the language he used was pretty choice too. Not saying either was in the right or wrong but the only voice I could hear was the marshal. The others weren't up to much either. That location isn't up to the task of hosting an event like that as spectator parking just wasn't up to it, there were a lot of people parking on motorway slip roads and roundabouts which is just dangerous. Good event, for a good cause but needs more planning and thought.

it was a joke I asked when I first went in and the marshal shrugged his shoulders and said don't know park anywhere lol.it was far to busy to!

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Marshalling was rubbish... Arrived early enough and wasn't allowed in meaning parking up at b and q and walking down on the carriageway with the child in the buggy with no footpath...

Once in clear to see plenty of empty spaces and areas for parking!!

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
@mcmurray where is your pics lol

the evo x was a stunning car. Quite a few nice motors about today.

They're still on the memory card. Didn't take too many, got fed up carrying the camera so put it back in the car.

Too busy nursing my sunburn to edit them right now. :worried:

Good to meet you though, and also catch up with a few other members.

Great day out, took my brother along, he enjoyed it too. The road/route really needs closed to do it properly though.

scoobyman

RMS Regular
Drives
skyline
Marshalling was rubbish... Arrived early enough and wasn't allowed in meaning parking up at b and q and walking down on the carriageway with the child in the buggy with no footpath...

Once in clear to see plenty of empty spaces and areas for parking!!
should have told them to do one

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.