Super car Sunday. 7th September

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Gonna head up with the bro in law in his Z06 Corvette if the weather is good.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
This is a brilliant day for anyone thinking if heading down for a look!
Unfortunately we have a christening all day this year, really can't think of anything worse :sob:

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
love this and the fact that the car owners give up their time and the their pride in joy for a good blast is a credit to them. My son loves it

garyo

RMS Regular
What way does it work to get runs in these? Are they all auctioned or is it only the really top-end ones that are auctioned or what? Seems it could be a cracking day out after reading through the thread from last year's event.

Andy044

RMS Regular
Drives
^^^^^^
They are usually auctioned off as they come in, less exotic stuff can be got for £30 ish, rarer stuff up to £100 or so.
You pay your money, and go for a lap as a passenger.
On the vehicles return, if the owner doesnt take a break then it gets auctioned off again for the next person to have a go.

Weather wasnt great last year but there was still a good turn out of rare stuff.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I thought all the normal cars where just £10 and then the top cars like the BMWi8 and Ferrari F12 where auctioned

garyo

RMS Regular
They are usually auctioned off as they come in, less exotic stuff can be got for £30 ish, rarer stuff up to £100 or so.
You pay your money, and go for a lap as a passenger.
On the vehicles return, if the owner doesnt take a break then it gets auctioned off again for the next person to have a go.

Cheers for that pal, looked through last year's thread and the pics/videos but just wasn't sure how you actually got out for a run.

I thought all the normal cars where just £10 and then the top cars like the BMWi8 and Ferrari F12 where auctioned

I thought it was gonna be somethin like this myself, think i read somewhere runs start at a minimum of £10, but I just wasn't sure if that meant they grade the cars in some way (£10-100 say), or if they're just all auctioned with a tenner starting bid.

chrisd1

RMS Regular
Drives
AE86 / EF Civic
Always wanted to call into this event but never been here for it... can we park up in the Park/Ride, is there an entry fee, etc??

LesNobleM12

RMS Regular
Drives
McLaren 12c
Sorry if this has already been asked/answered - What is the general route that is taken? Just out the A1 to Hillsborough roundabout then back again?

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Always wanted to call into this event but never been here for it... can we park up in the Park/Ride, is there an entry fee, etc??

I parked in the park and ride car park no problem last year. Was very busy though. The far end is cordoned off for the event cars.

No entry fee last year.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
last year the cars had green circle stickers on them prices depended on how many they had ie 1 sticker was a tenner and so on. The high end interesting exotics get auctioned. This could have changed this year though.

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
Is there a 'gentlemans agreement' in place again this year with PSNI? Was my first year at it last year and I assumed so.......always wondered how it worked given there is no road closure.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
I'll be taking my little girl too- first car event. I need to get her into some proper horsepower instead of the 4 legged type shes usually subjected too!
did you cancel your visitors you mentioned in your first post lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.