New Honda Monkey bike

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Go for the R&G one. Expensive but worth it.

I went for a Thai cheapy and chucked it in the bin as soon as it landed.

Just be aware that R&G do one to suit OEM indicators and one for micro indicators (with 8mm stem).

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
Yeah it'll be a while before I get micro indicators if ever tbh so if the above one works well and suits OEM indicators it could be a bargain

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
That tail tidy looks generic design-wise (ie - it may fit several bikes) and it mightn't turn out to be such a bargain (as I found out).

The R&G tail tidy has 2 pointed tabs at the front that locate into the existing slots on the undertray of the bike and hold it in place and a rubber grommet to feed the cabling through, which I can't see on the above one.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
Is getting great reviews on the grom forum Connor.
Photos show it onnother bikes but thats their other specific ones. Built for msx

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
That tail tidy looks generic design-wise (ie - it may fit several bikes) and it mightn't turn out to be such a bargain (as I found out).

The R&G tail tidy has 2 pointed tabs at the front that locate into the existing slots on the undertray of the bike and hold it in place and a rubber grommet to feed the cabling through, which I can't see on the above one.
Fair point. I've the r&g one in the watch basket on eBay but I had the regular sized indicator option picked out.....
Led indicators are about £5 for 4 from China. Extra £1 for the relay
...sooo I'll change it to the micro indicator version. Down the line anyway after the tyres and full system

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Here's a pic, albeit a bad pic of the R&G one:
image.jpg

The bracket that sits flush to the undertray slots into place with the 2 tabs and is shaped to follow the contours.

The other one might bolt on and do the job but it's hard to beat a bit of over engineering IMO!

Last edited:

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
Looking on grom sites people seem to use Michelin City grips winter, 120/130. Can I just order these online then bring them to say honda to fit or what?
Where's best to buy them?

Dusty

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda CR-V
Definitely a nice looking wee bike for a 125, i wouldn't normally entertain a small engine but it seems to make a lot of sense with this!

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
@M4TT

Front is 120/70/12
Rear is 130/70/12

They're scooter sizes.

I went for Michelin Power Pures as I don't use the bike in the winter.

M4TT

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI Mk7.5
@M4TT

Front is 120/70/12
Rear is 130/70/12

They're scooter sizes.

I went for Michelin Power Pures as I don't use the bike in the winter.
Where's best to order them man? And can I then just bring them to honda to fit them?

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
I got my michelin city winters applied and fitted by belfast honda. Not a bad tyre but maybe not great in summer