Jeremy Clarkson fired from Top Gear

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I hope they'll buy the rights for it back, after it's crashed and burned with whoever takes over, and move to another channel.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Probably due to this post.

Id like to know when the wrecking is happening in advance if possible. Ill probably pay the £100 for the ticket if I get to watch you wreck the Oddessy, provided I get the show I paid for .........

As a heads up, I live 48 minutes from Belfast but id like an extra 2/3 minutes to stop and get popcorn on the way if that would be ok? Actually make it one hours notice ...... if I'm at home, I'll need time to put on pants first.
I'm sure many people would help me do it lol. Refunds all round then?

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I can see it now. The Audi comes to a screeching stop outside the Odyessy, and a clearly distressed Brennan stumbles out, holding a quarter bottle of Smirnoff and sobbing uncontrollably. You can see the wheels are scuffed where he has mounted the kerb outside the BBC offices to scream obcenities from a safe distance. He peels off his lizard lick t-shirt in front of the crowd that's now gathered, to reveal that he has carved "It's not over uncle Jeremy" into his back, using a pen that Clarkson gave him at the Autosport show in 2009. He's lost a pint of blood but he doesn't give a ****. The saga only comes to an end when he's shot with a rubber bullet for exposing himself to a cleaner, but not before Gazza has arrived with a fishing rod and a packet of ham to try and talk some sense into him.
I sat pissing myself at that haha

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I'm sure many people would help me do it lol. Refunds all round then?

Nah, I wasn't really gonna pay anyway that's why I put in the bit about getting the show I paid for. Fuel to belfast and all to think about you know. As much as I'd like to do something like that and wish I was minted enough to do it, it would be tough pulling that much money together.

Where would I start gathering money like that from, sure I can't even afford an Audi.

Last edited:

AC

RMS Regular
http://www.odysseyarena.com/top-gear

MEDIA STATEMENT

14:20h, Wednesday 25th March 2015

Top Gear Live

We are aware that the BBC have confirmed that Jeremy Clarkson's contract will not be renewed to host the Top Gear programme.

With regards to the Top Gear Live tour we are currently contacting the event organiser to confirm if this will impact on the tour.

As soon as we receive any information we will impart this to the fans through our website and social media platforms.

Shaun

RMS Regular
:p

jesuis.jpg

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
They should replace him with Brian Johnston, his show 'Cars that Rock' on quest was excellent

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I'm boycotting Top Gear until Clarkson gets his contract renewed.

None of this new presenter bollox or anything like that, any of that happens they can go f***.

Clarkson, May, Hammond, Stig - That's the way it should be.

Haven't missed a single episode in hell knows how many years. Still pissed off that they robbed me of those last episodes of this series.. :mad:

Peadar

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayenne
I'm boycotting Top Gear until Clarkson gets his contract renewed.

None of this new presenter bollox or anything like that, any of that happens they can go f***.

Clarkson, May, Hammond, Stig - That's the way it should be.

Haven't missed a single episode in hell knows how many years. Still pissed off that they robbed me of those last episodes of this series.. :mad:

You don't think that getting blind drunk at work and attacking somebody deserves dismissal ??

simy

RMS Regular
OP
simy

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Gutted? Yes but oh well, it wasn't like he was going to do it forever. He went out in classic clarkeson style. The way we are all used to lol

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Wonder will the license fee go up now to make up the the loss that top gear makes the bbc.......

Offset against his wages and the production costs and the grand scheme of the bbc budget imagine this is a ripple in the pond

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Lots of people getting their panties in a twist over this show potentially ending. I never thought of Top Gear as a car show with 3 presenters - it's more a show about 3 car-mad guys ..................... who happen to present Top Gear. It was the personalities that made the show a success, not necessarily the content (which bordered on the ridiculous at times). Let's face it, the original TG was a snore-fest before these 3 moulded it to suit them.

I have no doubt at all that Clarkson, Hammond and May will end up doing a new motoring program for some other channel, and that program - though it will likely have a very different format so as not to encourage the BBC to sue them - will feature the same madcap antics that TG fans have come to know and love. And supercars. And Hypercars. And so on. They'll be back, in one way or another ............. their unique package is worth too much money to any TV network as to be ignored.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Agree. This could be a new beginning, to revamp things and start something fresh. Either with the three elsewhere, or with somebody else, or whatever.

Life goes on.

It was always going to end at some point, just a shame it had to be like this. But with what was in the report, the BBC had no choice. None. That sort of thing is just not on in a workplace.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.