Jeremy Clarkson fired from Top Gear

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

nobby

RMS Regular
Drives
Jap stuff
the show was on the decline ... a couple of shows a series in recent years if you were lucky warranted viewing and kept you interested
hammond is a total moron and if anyone should have been kicked off it was him
a show with clarkson and may would have been better

i like clarkson but this time he has crossed the line. i dont think the bbc has actually fired him, they are just not renewing his contract which was up soon any way

begs the question did jezza really care ... has he got a better offer elsewhere already

sure he was stood outside on his balcony with ciggy in mouth probably working on his next deal to continue his 7 figure salary

wonder what happens to his pieces in top gear mag ... think he was contributing writer to the mag anyway ... be interested to see what happens to it and the live shows over the coming period

tbh it might be good for him to get away from TG, may be he saw the writing on the wall with it too ... but there are other ways of goin about it than punching the producer

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
hammond is a total moron and if anyone should have been kicked off it was him
Totally agree, Hammond reminds me of a kid's TV presenter that's been promoted to light entertainment. Kinda like that Stephen Mulhern t**t.

That aside, you'd think by the way some are getting on, this was the only car related entertainment ever made. There's tons of good quality stuff online that's I'd much rather watch than TopGear.

As others have said, it wasn't a car show, it was a car-related family entertainment show.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
There is none. I guess Gadget Show or Myth Busters or something like that come closest in format.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Fifth Gear, /Drive, MightyCarMods, TaxtheRich, various Ken Block stuff, Wheeler Dealers, whatever. Ok, they don't have the budget or puerile humour of TopGear but there something out there for whatever anyone wants to watch.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not even remotely the same kinds of shows.

Plenty of shows with cars in them, but nothing like Top Gear.

Like saying Qunitin's Classic Car show is like Top Gear just because there are cars in it, lol :grinning:

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Going by that logic, Top Gear is closer Last of the Summer Wine than anything else then. I personally only caught Top Gear if it was on, I wasn't fussed if I missed it.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Wheeler Dealers and /Drive will probably get a few more viewers now ... wanting to keep up with anything car related now that Topgear is off the air.

I presume Dave will still continue to play the topgear reruns?

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Adrian Chilles... Dear god no... Think of the children!

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
The BBC's current policy is not to have a show hosted 100% of males, so if the other two stay in theory it should be a woman to replace Clarkson. Well actually it would be either James or Richard that replace him then someone would replace them. I quite like Suzi Perry actually, the though of ant and dec send a shudder down my spine. The other issue would be Clarkson has big shoes to fill and whoever gets the job will be compared to him, Clarkson fans will hate whoever gets the job, it could really be a poisoned chalice

O.C.D

RMS Regular
If it is going to be a female it has to be Vicki Butler-Henderson IMO
_81915789_3314d595-8527-4d55-bec7-744a5cd65456.jpg

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
I have a feeling it will be completely revamped and new presenters all brought in ... Wouldn't surprise me if the theme tune changed just to steer the audience away from comparing it to the Topgear we all know.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
If they try and emulate what Hammond/May/Clarkson did, it won't work. Ever. They have a unique chemistry, and bringing in another 1, 2 or 3 presenters to try and mimick their approach will just make them look like poor imitations. Lightning doesn't strike twice like that.

They'll need to revamp the show entirely and go for a whole new approach. It can still be lighthearted and comedic, but will have to be presented in a substantially different way to before.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Top Gear was probably the only show I actually made a point of watching.
Absolutely loved the specials that they did.
I hope they don't go to Sky and do a similar show as il never see it as I don't have or intend to get Sky.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
It'll be Chris Harris, Zane from One Direction and that guy in the wheelchair that does the Special Olympics, Ade Adepitan.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
One idea would be to change up/down from 2 to 4 people, just so there's a different dynamic to the original. And give them more distinguished 'roles' - 2 roadtesters, one presenter, etc. Rather than a trio all doing the same thing. It can still be comedic that way if they bring in someone like Coogan or Atkinson as the presenter, who are naturally funny and car-mad, and can play up to the straight-man role of a knowledgeable tester like Chris Harris.

And the Stig can be replaced by 'Ari :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.