03 Blobeye Subaru Impreza

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything
Cheers for all the comments.

@Iain Traynor it happens with the hazards too.

@NickR85 i actually wanted a black one, but do love the blue.

@johnboy888, you have an M3 and live local to me? If your gonna get one at some stage give me a shout for a run in this.

@CharlySkunkWeed both great cars, loved the Leon.

@Philljdm, I filled it yesterday £65 roughly and managed 280 miles... I was shocked as the Leon was about the same to fill and only ever got 300 to a tank, that was on the drive from Redcar to cairnryan. Every roundabout and on slip got it hard too. Filled it again today so will see what this tank brings, not why I bought it though if there's no petrol I'll jump in the van (y)

Last edited:

Beams

RMS Member
Drives
FN2 Type R GT
Looks well lad, spotted it coming up the road as soon as we left my street on sat night in @TheDaniel 's motor, Health to drive

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
I know little about these other than I love the noise they make, what a girlie comment:oops:, looks like a clean example that will put a smile on your face every time you get behind the wheel, health to steer.

brendy

RMS Regular
Ive mapped my own UK WRX (fairly modified) on 95 so I dont need to worry about it, but yea even a standard ecu will still be ok, it has a learning routine which activates timing modification should it detect knock etc and restores the timing to 100% when it no longer senses the poor fuel.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
She can have a drive in mine. @Mel ill be parked across the street as usual just come out whenever you want.

Now there's an offer:p, btw I think that front splitter is woeful looking, like a tacky add on(n)

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Really nice, and still one of my favourite shapes of scoobs.

Prodrive wheels, Teins and splitter ... (y)

Jason

RMS Regular

Its one of the only cars i've owned that while yes looks better lowered the standard handling is UNREAL and I'd be scared to upset it with some cheap springs

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Its one of the only cars i've owned that while yes looks better lowered the standard handling is UNREAL and I'd be scared to upset it with some cheap springs

Id tend to agree but for looks wise the slight drop on the teins makes all the difference ...

G N K

RMS Regular
OP
G N K
Drives
Anything

Cheers Chris, plans for the future. For now it'll be maintenance and petrol :party:
You recommend Tein springs for them?

After going to the Donegal rally at weekend i'm in the notion for another or Evo 9 lol

Budget would not stretch into evo money, but maybe a red 9 someday :cool:

Jason

RMS Regular
Id tend to agree but for looks wise the slight drop on the teins makes all the difference ...
Yet to drive one on Teins but they were dead on on the Evo but you sure as hell won't be attacking back roads anywhere as hard. Actually tell a lie had them in the white RA classic but its a different kettle of fish!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
@G N K - Teins seem to get good reviews ... I went for HSD Dualtech coils for my Evo 9 and loved them but im done with coilovers now ... if I lower in future it will be subtle on springs ...

Id say the teins might be a bit hard but its all down to personal preference ... maybe look at Eibach as their sportline range is slightly lower than the pro kit and should offer the stock comfort.

Gambit

RMS Regular
avoid Eibach they are pish, too soft. i put them in mine, then took them out about 2 weeks later and replaced them with H&R which are far more suited to newage imo

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.