Cruise for Cancer 2015 Afterthoughts

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

MEGAN_CLIO

RMS Member
Drives
Subaru Impreza
Ah you had it mapped down in Hilltown with Davy? He's handy for bits and pieces as he breaks some imprezas too. Got my skirts etc from him years ago.

Yea the guy I bought it off had it at murray motor sport to do all the work. The car was garaged and well looked after. I've messaged murrays for the paper trail of all the work carried out on it. He seems to be the guy to use.

MEGAN_CLIO

RMS Member
Drives
Subaru Impreza
@MEGAN_CLIO get a chat with @big_pete regarding the stone chips. He had a look at mine the other day and seems confident slot could be repaired and corrected.

The stone chips really upset my happiness and the thought of getting the car painted or blowing in :worried: it's not the easiest of colours to match to perfection: I would rather stone chips than 50 shades of blue lol

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
The stone chips really upset my happiness and the thought of getting the car painted or blowing in :worried: it's not the easiest of colours to match to perfection: I would rather stone chips than 50 shades of blue lol

Definitely get a chat with him, I only got my scoob just over a week ago and it'll be getting the paint corrected and enhanced in the not to distant future once I get a few more important things out the way.

Get a thread up too (y)

MEGAN_CLIO

RMS Member
Drives
Subaru Impreza
Definitely get a chat with him, I only got my scoob just over a week ago and it'll be getting the paint corrected and enhanced in the not to distant future once I get a few more important things out the way.

Get a thread up too (y)

How can he take them away without painting though. I would love the car properly corrected, I think someone would have good fun doing mine lol

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3

How can he take them away without painting though. I would love the car properly corrected, I think someone would have good fun doing mine lol

Any good motor factors or paint places can match any colour, it's who paints it right is key. Depending on where the chips are then painting is better than just getting them touched in imo.

MEGAN_CLIO

RMS Member
Drives
Subaru Impreza
Hmm that's true I suppose. Mine are pretty bad at the bottoms of both sides. Skirts are fine cause I just got them painted

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Hmm that's true I suppose. Mine are pretty bad at the bottoms of both sides. Skirts are fine cause I just got them painted

Bottom of the doors? If you want to have touched in then get someone who'll build the paint up in the chip, sand down etc then buff the area up. Not just dab it in as it looks a mess and stands out like a sore thumb. Good painter can blow the bottoms of your doors in and you wouldn't notice it at all.

MEGAN_CLIO

RMS Member
Drives
Subaru Impreza
Bottom of the doors? If you want to have touched in then get someone who'll build the paint up in the chip, sand down etc then buff the area up. Not just dab it in as it looks a mess and stands out like a sore thumb. Good painter can blow the bottoms of your doors in and you wouldn't notice it at all.

Yea bottom of the doors. That might be an option then to get it blowing in. I'm not used to stone chips. I had a levin before this and it was mint, not a mark on the car

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Depending on how bad they are you'll get away with rubbing it down and starting from there but if they need filler then it'll have to be taken right down..filled, sanded, primed then painted but still can blown in and matched evenly that way too. Just don't take it to a cowboy as certain shades of blue can really stand out if not blended in right(y)

MEGAN_CLIO

RMS Member
Drives
Subaru Impreza
There is so many painters round my way but a few seem to have lost their touch. The back bumper is off a shade which needs re done eventually, but it's not overally noticeable, that's down my list. Main thing is to get it dropped on the coilovers. Need to get two top mounts as two of them are broke off the set I bought the other night :worried: raging

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Couple good lads round my part but your fair bit from them. It too light or dark?

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
Newcastle is easier explained lol. Too much paint went on or the shade was wee touch off your car, possibly flatten it back again,re-lacquer it+polish up and that'll be that sorted.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Lovely celestial blue CRX on fat 5s

C4CMain.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.