RMS Goes to the 'Ring 2015: Live Photo Thread

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

WSK

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Seen a video of a guy passing that gt3 crash, and came on here to check it wasn't one of you.:scream:. Sad end.

Looks like a great trip though, as many have said, it's on the bucket list!(y)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Some pics from today. The track was mental busy and we only managed 6 laps in the rental Clio before giving up. As you see above some huge accidents and the GT3 crash left a lot of oil on the track.

Some of the stuff in the carpark. Doesn't even scratch the surface though.

DSC_0124.JPG
DSC_0125.JPG
DSC_0126.JPG
DSC_0128.JPG
DSC_0129.JPG

DSC_0134.JPG

The rental:

DSC_0131.JPG

This 'SDI' Caddy was flying. Huge intercooler and bucket seats. I don't think the chap in the background was going for a pish........

DSC_0130.JPG

After a couple of laps early on there was carnage. This is the big straight filled with everyone waiting to leave the track.

DSC_0133.JPG

And the carpark area and devils diner.

DSC_0135.JPG

Managed a sub 10min lap in the Clio. Hardly ground breaking but great fun all the same and I've had a ball.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
And thats why I don't think I'd take the Z to the ring, too risky, even if you aren't going hard enough to crash it doesn't stop you being taken out my someone else. Sure it would be great fun though. Will go some day, but not likely in the Z.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Some pics from today. The track was mental busy and we only managed 6 laps in the rental Clio before giving up. As you see above some huge accidents and the GT3 crash left a lot of oil on the track.

Some of the stuff in the carpark. Doesn't even scratch the surface though.

View attachment 97046 View attachment 97047 View attachment 97048 View attachment 97049 View attachment 97050
View attachment 97053
The rental:

View attachment 97052

This 'SDI' Caddy was flying. Huge intercooler and bucket seats. I don't think the chap in the background was going for a pish........

View attachment 97054

After a couple of laps early on there was carnage. This is the big straight filled with everyone waiting to leave the track.

View attachment 97056

And the carpark area and devils diner.

View attachment 97057

Managed a sub 10min lap in the Clio. Hardly ground breaking but great fun all the same and I've had a ball.

Busy indeed. Just seen this from one of the guys there today. Queuing to get off.

image.jpeg

Marc

RMS Moderator
Basically you buy the car! Yikes 8k excess on Clio!
Pretty much lol, but I think it may also cover the ring fees, heard some crazy figures like €200 for recovery, €1500 per hour of track close time and €1000 per section of Armco damaged, the above prices are prob not 100% accurate but it was a topic for discussion over the past few days lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, that excess is not just for the Clio, but for armco damage, track closures, clean-up, recovery, etc. and so on. They charge for all that at the 'Ring, and they charge well. Even a minor incident can run into thousands, and tens of thousands is not unheard of.

You are also liable for any damage to other cars if you cause an incident. And with the machinery there, that can be expensive.

Then the drivers/passengers of other cars, and so on.

Anyone driving on the 'Ring without dedicated insurance really is taking a major gamble.

RoniN

RMS Regular
Pretty much lol, but I think it may also cover the ring fees, heard some crazy figures like €200 for recovery, €1500 per hour of track close time and €1000 per section of Armco damaged, the above prices are prob not 100% accurate but it was a topic for discussion over the past few days lol

Yep, that excess is not just for the Clio, but for armco damage, track closures, clean-up, recovery, etc. and so on. They charge for all that at the 'Ring, and they charge well. Even a minor incident can run into thousands, and tens of thousands is not unheard of.

You are also liable for any damage to other cars if you cause an incident. And with the machinery there, that can be expensive.

Then the drivers/passengers of other cars, and so on.

Anyone driving on the 'Ring without dedicated insurance really is taking a major gamble.

Guys you would be best checking the terms and conditions of the rental insurance excess, it doesn't cover the any costs outside of damage to the rental car.
Any damage to the track, armco is paid by you the hirer.

Cheers

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Looks like an epic trip. I wasn't aware of that for the insurance etc . . . And it seems like the high level AA cover would be a must as well!

Looks like a small lotto win is what I need before I can even think about going :worried:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.