F1 2023

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Because hitting the manhole cover wasn't enough he now has to serve penalties as a result of the failed track and Ferrari having to fix what got damaged as a result.

Screenshot_20231117-123650.png

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
F1 spends $500m of its own money then makes an absolute mess of the whole thing.

It’s the only race on the calendar which F1 pays for itself. What a sh1t show

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
what a balls i had fp1 and fp2 and the f1 show set to record

got home from work beer in hand and 🤦🏻‍♂️

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
And what was left of the floor on the Ferrari after hitting the man hole cover... Absolutely destroyed. Can't imaging what the shock/jolt of that going through the car was like.

Screenshot_20231117-193650~2.png

renman8957

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane RS250
And what was left of the floor on the Ferrari after hitting the man hole cover... Absolutely destroyed. Can't imaging what the shock/jolt of that going through the car was like.

View attachment 417260
Looks like a younger Maurizio Arrivabene, Ferrari really getting to him haha Ferrari have no luck at all do they, for once not brought on by themselves

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
How do you write a rule for "teams can only replace X parts without penalty, except if a random drain cover smashes a car in Las Vegas"? 😇

It's rough, but xxxx happens. Bad luck for sure, but no different really than getting a puncture and totalling the car in the wall, or being taken out by Perez, or whatever.

Didn't see any spectators in qualifying?

The track has a lot of Singapore about it, plus a looong drag strip...

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Force majeure. It's disgraceful that a team / driver is penalised due to having to fix a car damaged by the track not being up to standard. A puncture, crashing or being taken out by a 2nd rate driver are all very different to what happened.

Not like they haven't made up rules etc on the fly, or indeed stupid interpretations of same.

Saying that, Im nearly sure this has happened in Monaco more than once too, and not sure how it was dealt with. Maybe less dramatic damage all the same.

renman8957

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane RS250
Surprised it wasn't a bad race that. One for a few teams to forget, but enjoyed the Charles/Perez fight, really thought Ferrari had thrown away even a top 5 for him by not pitting under the safety car but can understand why they didn't, cover off the Redbulls

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I'm not a fan of his, but what was scumbag spec about that race?

Pushing LeClerc wide at the start was the only thing I can think of, and even at that the first corner at the start looked very slippy so I'm prepared to give a little bit of allowance for that. The other thing was George driving into him as he didn't see him (both thought that was the case).

Much better race than expected. If it had some less cringe worthy American style nonsense about it, it would be even better.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I'm not a fan of his, but what was scumbag spec about that race?
He did say on the team radio after being told about the 5 second penalty (which I thought was far too lenient) something to the effect of "fantastic, thanks. Give the stewards my regards" which did come off a bit dickish.

As for the race, I will hold my hands up and say it did surprise me how entertaining it was. Completely ignoring the celebs, the practice dramas and the ridiculousness of the place, the race itself was actually quite tactical and interesting to watch. It's no Interlagos though.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Max and his usual bully boy tactics at the first turn on the opening lap!! He did NOT have track position on that turn!! He wasn’t even fully along side LeClerc as they began to turn in!

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
He did say on the team radio after being told about the 5 second penalty (which I thought was far too lenient) something to the effect of "fantastic, thanks. Give the stewards my regards" which did come off a bit dickish.

As for the race, I will hold my hands up and say it did surprise me how entertaining it was. Completely ignoring the celebs, the practice dramas and the ridiculousness of the place, the race itself was actually quite tactical and interesting to watch. It's no Interlagos though.
Thought he was bit of a dock thinking he was ahead of Charles. Not even close. But I did laugh when he said “give them my regards” 😂

Have to say I thought and said the race was going to be sh*t, that was far better and closer than expected. Shame Lewis came together with Oscar, ruined both here races especially his and was going well at the end.

Loved Charles getting past at the end.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Thought he was bit of a dock thinking he was ahead of Charles. Not even close. But I did laugh when he said “give them my regards” 😂
Funny, but at the same time what a cheeky barsteward!

Neither him nor RB cared really, hardly surprising either given the pittance of a penalty!! They will easily pull 5sec’s ahead before they have to pit!

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
The 2nd safety car changed the race massively, I think it was probably Charles to loose before it. But was an enjoyable race regardless, just a shame it ended up with the usual result.

5secs is piss all but its the same thats been handed out all year, needs to be increased to 10 to have any major effect, look at the result of Sainz’s penalty for repairing his car vs 5 secs.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
And Max strikes again (literally) trying to dive down the inside of Russell, again trying to push Russell wide with his bully boy tactics!

Again he did NOT have track position, he was behind at the corner and should’ve yielded!