F1 2023

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
And Max strikes again (literally) trying to dive down the inside of Russell, again trying to push Russell wide with his bully boy tactics!

Again he did NOT have track position, he was behind at the corner and should’ve yielded!
No, just no.

I'd be all for being against Max, but that was a clear cut racing incident and Russell turned in on him, not seeing him.

Or maybe Russell was paid by the FIA to accept the blame for that one an apologise after the race 😂

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
No, just no.

I'd be all for being against Max, but that was a clear cut racing incident and Russell turned in on him, not seeing him.

Or maybe Russell was paid by the FIA to accept the blame for that one an apologise after the race 😂
I get what you’re saying but remember the whole fuss kicked up in the Max/Lewis Silverstone incident where RB made the argument the car in front on any given corner has the “right of way” or “owns the corner” for want of better phrases….

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander!!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Well that was not too boring after all. Sure, most of it drs passes. But some very good overtaking elsewhere too. As expected, a lot of safety cars making it a bit random. But hey, all the championships are long over now.

First corner, Max. Fair penalty, he took it, can't say more than that. Russel - unsighted, unlucky for George but hey. Very lucky for Max.

Charles - hero of the race, no contest.

Perez - great race. Got lucky with the safety car but he took it and ran with it.

Lewis - great race, just a shame about that bout with Piastri.

Max - great race, I think he enjoyed that more than he would admit. Beats coasting away up front all on his lonesome, lol 😅

The difference in speed of his car though, it's visible. Perez and Charles were neck and neck, swapping positions more times than I could count. Max' car just breezed past both of them as if they were standing still and disappeared up the road.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Perez was running a much more 'draggy' rear wing than Max or indeed Charles.

I did quite enjoy Max's slabbering about the whole Vegas thing in the run up to the race tbh.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Charles came back an passed max on the 1st stint, max’s advantage was marginal today on pace and they were harder on their tyres.

Win goes down to making the safety car pitstop and taking his time to get the last set of hards up to temp when the 2 at the front had to go flatout from the restart, still a sickener he won though lol

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Perez was running a much more 'draggy' rear wing than Max or indeed Charles.

I did quite enjoy Max's slabbering about the whole Vegas thing in the run up to the race tbh.

I enjoyed that too lol he’s definitely not afraid to speak his mind 😂 have to respect that.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Was pleasantly surprised by the race, it was definitely one of the most entertaining this season! I do find myself loving to hate Verstappen more and more to be honest, like someone here said, he plays the villain very well. When asked after FP2 if he enjoyed the circuit and he just replied "no." it had me in kinks.

The cars really looked like they were struggling for grip, and Norris ending up ar$e over face after hitting 220mph on the straight was definitely a bit of a moment. All in all, I really enjoyed that race.

I still think the whole spectacle was ridiculous, completely shutting down a city for 3+ months to accommodate it. And it's completely and utterly unattainable for the regular Joe to go to. Basic weekend tickets were coming in at over $1500. I was reading accounts on Reddit of people who spent their entire life savings on a package deal with grandstand/hotel stays and they were well into 5 figures.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Was pleasantly surprised by the race, it was definitely one of the most entertaining this season! I do find myself loving to hate Verstappen more and more to be honest, like someone here said, he plays the villain very well. When asked after FP2 if he enjoyed the circuit and he just replied "no." it had me in kinks.

The cars really looked like they were struggling for grip, and Norris ending up ar$e over face after hitting 220mph on the straight was definitely a bit of a moment. All in all, I really enjoyed that race.

I still think the whole spectacle was ridiculous, completely shutting down a city for 3+ months to accommodate it. And it's completely and utterly unattainable for the regular Joe to go to. Basic weekend tickets were coming in at over $1500. I was reading accounts on Reddit of people who spent their entire life savings on a package deal with grandstand/hotel stays and they were well into 5 figures.

Plus watching it on the TV it could have been any other street circuit. All you really got to see was the crash barriers with the occasional glimpse of something to do with Vegas.

I found myself cheering on LeClerc so much throughout the whole race - really wanted him to win and that move for second was just sublime. He was giving it everything.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I never saw any spectators, never mind anything identifiable as LA. Could just as well have been Singapore.

It was an entertaining race for sure. Not sure if that is the same as a good race, with all the random safety cars and slippery surface. But hey, it was good TV, I enjoyed it. Just would hate for a race like that to actually determine a championship, for example.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Harsh but funny

Screenshot_20231122_063324_Instagram.jpg

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Hope they replace him with someone new, think lando is trying his best to get the seat getting on like a max fan boy half the time, but can’t see it.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Bit of tinkering with sprint format for next year:

Nothing earth shattering. But a hint that at least a partial reversed grid might be considered. I think the chances of that are probably slim. It goes right against the F1 "meritocracy" philosophy. But honestly, it might be the only way that might make them interesting.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Well, that was a dull F1 weekend.

Got a good laugh at Perez attempting a Max style move on Norris but being his usual crap self and getting correctly punished for it 😂

As much as I despise RB and the surrounding fanfare, fair play to Max, he has been brilliant. LeClerc and Yuki were great today too.

I missed the F2 feature race today, but watched the sprint yesterday. Definitely a more entertaining watch.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I thought it was actually a pretty good race, just ignoring Max' RB a full pit stop ahead as usual.

Kind of the season in a nutshell. It's actually been incredibly competitive and tight apart from Max' car a lightyear ahead of everyone else.

Well done RB. Onwards and up.

Mercedes got second in manufacturers, who would have thought that at the start of the season.

Really looking forward to next year and see what's what with the new cars. Obviously Max' RB will still be lightyears ahead but behind that, who knows.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
If your car isn’t good next year it won’t be in 2025 either as everyone will be focused on 2026.

No pressure then 😂

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Well done RB, moving on to 2024:

Keep discussions about the last race here, everything else in the new thread 👍

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
Cool that they let DC do a lap in the RB19.

Max lead this season for 1000 laps! Insane domination.

Hopefully the other teams can narrow the gap. Fair play to Mercedes for scraping 2nd.

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
5 second penalty on perez was harsh. Take that Ferrari Fred for slagging the yankie manhole covers in an FIA press conference

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
Thought it was class to watch the hunger of Max this weekend, trying to gain every second he could in practice by overtaking in the pitlane, then great race craft on the first lap of the race defending against Leclerc. He has everything wrapped up and still keeps pushing. It will take something special to beat him in 2024