F1 2023

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
In the morning. Quali at 8am, race at 6 am. It's a night race over there. Highlights around mid day hopefully.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Max not impressed 😅

Alonso: "It is a tough sport. It is not football." 😂

stevyg

RMS Regular
Looks like a boring track alright but then again so is Monza, it has 3 corners. So who knows. I thought with all the flack they are getting they wouldn't be back but I read that FOM spent $240m to buy an empty lot at the end of the strip to store all the construction equipment so to me that means they plan on coming back.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Difference is that Monza is a proper track.

I'm predicting it'll be carnage, not helped by the stupid tyre warmer rules, with lots of tacky awful American stuff that thankfully COTA avoids (again a proper track, even with Tilke involvement).

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Looks like a boring track alright but then again so is Monza, it has 3 corners. So who knows. I thought with all the flack they are getting they wouldn't be back but I read that FOM spent $240m to buy an empty lot at the end of the strip to store all the construction equipment so to me that means they plan on coming back.
They also spent hundreds of millions on a paddock building.

It's F1 itself paying for all this too. Normally they get tracks to pay them hundreds of million.

Then again, with corporate packages at tens of thousands, and normal tickets at thousands, it's no question what this race is about.

Loathe it or hate it, it's here to stay for sure. As long as they've sold those tickets, and the hotels are full.

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Happening down the street and I’m not that bothered. Locals don’t seem to like it at all. I’m hoping it goes well but the prices to go watch are horrendous. I’m hoping the cold temps thrown a wrench in the positions on track .

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I believe they were welded but the concrete / tarmac around the cover failed.

Suitably shambolic.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
By all accounts this is shambolic. Locals hate it, employees of the strip hate it, the average F1 fan/viewer hates it, the drivers hate it, the teams hate it, yet it's been contracted for the next 10 years. The race happening at 10pm local time is a bit of a sham too - and it seems like FP2 is due to start in an hour, at 2am local time?!

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
I like it lol. I also very much love Monaco.

Its the pinnacle of the sport. Its about pushing all the boundaries and testing the teams and drivers in different extreme situations.

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
I like it lol. I also very much love Monaco.

Its the pinnacle of the sport. Its about pushing all the boundaries and testing the teams and drivers in different extreme situations.
Hitting a dodgy manhole cover at 200mph on an untested track was perhaps acceptable in the 1950s, but not nowadays. Leclerc was lucky not to have a big accident.